Second Skin Audio

2017 f 150 crew cab

SLAB153

43 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I don’t want u to have a box built and u hate the way your  SA’s sound when it’s not the subs it’s the box . We are trying to help triticum knows his shit we want u to love your system if you starve your subs of air they will sound like shit and build up pressure and bottom out witch sounds like a very bad rattle and will damage your subs. Since my box is built right with clean power I can put 1k to each sub and they don’t smell they just slam  and there rated 600rms. U can do 1 10 ported or 2-3 sealed that’s it. Shops sometimes just want your money .  Remember we want your shit to pound that’s why we’re on this site . Just trying to help.

Yea of course I appreciate that, wasn’t trying to offend anyone with the questions. Just trying to learn how to get this right with the truck, I’ve been brainstorming this for 2 weeks now, it’s hell of a lot harder than a sedan. The goal was to avoid sealed because of flat frequency and not getting low like ported ahhh grrrr 

29 minutes ago, SLAB153 said:

Ok is it true going from trunk enclosed to truck cabin will be significantly louder? I’ve written down new options here goes. 1 x8 ported on 1000-1500w, 3 or 4 e 10s sealed on 2500w, or 1 sa10 ported on 1000w. What’s the better pick? 

You have enough space for a single SA-10 ported, so I see no reason to consider an X-8.  The SA-10 is going to be a lot easier to get a decent frequency response out of (more musical) than the X-8 will be.  

As far as the difference between one ported SA-10 at 1,000 watts (you can probably get away with 1,200) vs three E-10s sealed on 2500 watts, I can help you with that with some graphs.

Here is the raw output between a SA-10 in 1.5 cu tuned to 32 Hz on 1200 watts (green) and three E-10 sealed in 1.5 cu ft on 2500 watts (blue):

image.png.53ec0bca244c1c94a3d498d7072a6ddf.png

The ported SA-10 wins out between 28-40 Hz, the sealed E-10s are better above or below that, they are much smoother as well.  

Here is the same with ROUGHLY approximated cabin gain added in:

image.png.8b03a3ea070c4f48af2b491552ec8fb5.png

If it were me, I'd go with the sealed E-10s, but I listen to a wide variety of music and I put a lot of emphasis on smooth frequency response.  If max performance between 30-40 Hz is really important to you, the SA-10 would be better. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Make sure when u build the box u do separate chambers for each sub. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out and take into consideration what ohm your final load will be for the amp don’t know if that amp can handle anything under 1ohm and also your electrical ,stock can’t handle  below 1ohm. And last post pics . 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, SLAB153 said:

Definitely gonna go with the E’s sealed now, just wondering if that additional 4th sub will make a difference in the graphs 

I’ll update the graphs for the fourth sub when I get home. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

1 hour ago, SLAB153 said:

Thanks man appreciate it!!

Raw output:

image.png.eefa50d382a812017930c4a5efe904fd.png

With approximated cabin gain:

image.png.6ca65d374e4d0f046d79797cf83e84d4.png

That four E-10 in 2.0 cu ft on 2500 watts.

Builds:

Damn that makes 4 10s look damn appealing. I know the cabin gain is a guess but that blue curve looks NICE. 

A lil sexy, even

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived