Need some help finding a good crimper.

I got these from the local stereo shop which is what they used, Harbor Fright was gonna give me the Hydraulic crimpers for a discount since it was used, but someone sent them back even though the store manager was still needing them.

154epp0.jpg

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

They used those for crimping large gauge wire?

My personal preference and opinion is its great for traditional style ring terminals, its not a hydraulic crimper there for I personally would not use it on lugs.

Therer are cheaper alternatives to the Sky High Crimper that are nearly the same but 1/3rd the price.
Such as https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-th0012-dieless-indent-lug-crimper.html

If you like quality tools and dont mind spending money on a good product, or a product that will be used daily the Temco TH0034, I love mine, and Charger likes his as well https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-th0034-hydraulic-crimper.html 

They also have a 5 ton for $73 https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-hydraulic-cable-lug-crimper-th0006-5-us-ton-12-awg-to-00-awg.html

and a 11 ton for $92 https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-hydraulic-cable-lug-crimper-th0005-11-us-ton-6-awg-to-600-mcm.html 

My experience in the past 30 years with the variety of crimp terminals commonly available I will only say that 95% of them are worthless.  With the exception of purpose-built crimping tools and matching crimp connectors designed for those tools, nobody should be using them.  I am not referring to the big gauge stuff.  I am referring to the tiny stuff, 18-10 gauge stuff.  Those plier-type crimpers suck.  When you pull out a deck and see butt terminals or crimp connectors...hack job.

If you are doing it for your own ride, do it right and solder that stuff.  If you are selling your time to customers that trust you to do it right, solder that stuff.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Yup, temco gave me piece of mind, knowing the shits legit. Very very resonably priced too compared to Greenlee, Burndy, ilsco, big brands like them charge 2-3k for a 12ton crimper. 

And like audiofanaticz mentioned, temco has smaller cheaper crimpers also, u dont gotta go for the big one. 

My ebay 8 ton has done me good with the 3-4 dozen crimps i've used it for over the past few years. Definitely paid for itself by now, paid $80 CAD IIRC shipped from China.

The largest die's work (70mm?) with the SHCA 2/0 ring terminals, i do one pass in the horizontal plane just not quite at 100% to avoid the elephant ears extruded look then i flip it 90* and finish the job in the vertical plane.

Just can't over do it though, you can see the deflection in the jaw of mine from pushing a little to hard.

0C1B2A8A-72B7-435A-B91C-6241664058F0_zps

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

1 hour ago, Markous said:

My ebay 8 ton has done me good with the 3-4 dozen crimps i've used it for over the past few years. Definitely paid for itself by now, paid $80 CAD IIRC shipped from China.

The largest die's work (70mm?) with the SHCA 2/0 ring terminals, i do one pass in the horizontal plane just not quite at 100% to avoid the elephant ears extruded look then i flip it 90* and finish the job in the vertical plane.

Just can't over do it though, you can see the deflection in the jaw of mine from pushing a little to hard.

0C1B2A8A-72B7-435A-B91C-6241664058F0_zps

Looks like a decent crimper build wise due to the head where the dies go.

Some of the ebay ones are built poorly and if you use it regularly theres a good chance that it may break someday down the road due to how thin the material is that you are pushing 12 tons of pressure against like this.

s-l1600.jpg

For over sized 1/0 car audio wire it is technically 2/0 you should be using the 70mm2 dies.
Sky high 2/0 is over sized buy its not quite 4/0 and you should use 95mm2 die or there about.

Thats why your getting wings on your terminals if you go all the way. Personally id crimp them all the way and just file the wings off.
Or go on the hunt for a die set that offers a larger size, you can sometime buy the dies separately. 

Archived