26 minutes ago, tdsa23 said:

I was very surprised the Sundown 3K didn't put up better numbers.

it did what it said it would?   im not sure i really like the trend of companies underating their amplifiers to this extent, pretty big difference from 3k to 5k watts

I had thought about going several dif routes with my setup but the fact i already had 2 dd m5s kinda steered me down the road of just getting another 2 of those.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, kalilac619 said:

^^^^^What he said.... hell at the CES showdown last January Orion had 3 guys on hand repairing amps that went down for the team Orion guys....and I'll just say they stayed busy ?️‍♂️

Yes sir, this was one of the discussions. I was talking with Wyatt, and he said he saw them swap out at least half a dozen boards at the one show.  Again, im not hating, but, ive "heard" a LOT about them, and it wasnt good. Hope your well broski, and i hope to see you at ces 2019 bruh...

Sundown did over rated in everything.  Orion has more components, could prolly pass for a higher rated watt amp.  Orion did more than Sundown.  Orion won this drag race.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 11:44 PM, Masterbasser said:

it did what it said it would?   im not sure i really like the trend of companies underating their amplifiers to this extent, pretty big difference from 3k to 5k watts

I had thought about going several dif routes with my setup but the fact i already had 2 dd m5s kinda steered me down the road of just getting another 2 of those.

That's an expensive road to travel on... Nice and smooth tho I've heard. Lol

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Seth8880 said:

From what I understand Orion HCCA and XTR are there own design and have a copyright for there designs so nobody can copy them 

HCCA and XTR may be copyrights, that just means that nobody else can use the HCCA and XTR names.  A patent is what you would need in order to keep people from copying the design, and even then, it doesn't take much of a change to skirt those laws.  Some people will just straight up copy your patent anyway and force you to sue them. 

Archived