Exodus Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 The car im working on is a 06 Charger RT, and the deck is a Kenwood .Purchased a Cresendo S4 amp and Cresendo 6X9's. Took it to a shop to install the amp, but after I got the car back I noticed the whine from the engine as I accelerated away. Took it right back and he started taking it apart again, even had it there the next day working on it. He gave up, tried everything he knew to try and make the sound go away. I am using the SoundQubed RCA's , he tried a different set and it didn't help. But, when you unplug the RCA's the sound goes away. Moved the amp ground to the battery negative, and back to under the back seat and made sure it was bare metal. Moved the RCA's and put on NVX Ground Loop Isolators, still the sound was there. Added a ground from the deck to under the steering column, ran new speaker wires. If I had any hair I'd have pulled it out by now. Any suggestions?
Kyblack76 Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 What's the question SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Exodus Posted July 9, 2018 Author Report Posted July 9, 2018 Sorry, had to edit then got blocked by a capacha and had to retype ?
Joshdashef Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 From my understanding the issue is a whine when you accelerate that you think could be from a ground loop? SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Exodus Posted July 9, 2018 Author Report Posted July 9, 2018 The accelerating whine went away after adding the ground from the deck to under the steering column, but there is still a high pitched sound when I turn the key into ignition/start and when it's running. All I can find related to the sound is a ground loop, but none of the solutions I found were a solution to my issue.
mothra Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 based on what you posted either the deck or the amp is creating the noise. try a different deck or source to the amp. if noise goes away it's an issue with the deck. if the doesn't go away, try a different amp. if it goes away then the issue is with the amp. you could also try to run power and ground from the deck to the amps so they both have common power and ground points. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Exodus Posted July 9, 2018 Author Report Posted July 9, 2018 Tried a different amp, issue I still there. I'll try to find another deck and give that a try today.
MrSkippyJ Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 how is your headunit grounded? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Hellbilly429 Posted July 9, 2018 Report Posted July 9, 2018 This article is helpful for chasing through the issues: 2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress) NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors) Stinger FAST Rings Stock Electrical SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers Stock rear speakers MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm Box In Design Stage Stock RadioMy Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.