Second Skin Audio

Right, the only thing is that you need clearance for the subs, can't be right against the rear seat, side ports also require clearance so the box needs to be narrower. You need to figure out your space first before any box calculations take place.

Ok so here's what I got. 57" across 9" tall in the front, 5" tall in the rear, 12" deep. If we need to Jack the seat up some I can do that, I work in metal fab. I need those lows haha. I attached a link of a quick sketch of my available space. I'm going to attach another pic of a forward firing box under the seat to see what your opinion is on that design. I'm open to build whatever. Thanks again.

https://ibb.co/dczode

I can build the box which isn't a problem, if one sub will hit the lows better than 2 sealed. Let's do that. The sub requires 1.2 cubes ported. Can you help me with what port size to use? I think I'm going with PVC pipe. On the box builder online I can get 1.5 cubes out of a box 44"L 8"Deep (bottom) 3" deep (top) 17" high. My plan is to add a brace in the middle and but a baffle 4" or so in front of the port (internal port) so that should bring me back down to 1.2 cubes after sub displacement. What size port would you recommend maybe 2.5" PVC pipe. How long? Thanks

Alright so I made brackets to lift the seat 4". I have to take out the flip down rack that's under there first. My plan is to install the brackets and see about my available space. As far as porting goes would y'all recommend a baffle before the port? I've seen a few boxes with say a 3" OD port with a price of wood 3" in front on the entrance for the port. Would this help as far as bass in concerned? Thanks for all the input. Hopefully I can get enough cubic feet for both 10" subs under there.

Archived