Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Right, the only thing is that you need clearance for the subs, can't be right against the rear seat, side ports also require clearance so the box needs to be narrower. You need to figure out your space first before any box calculations take place.

Posted

Ok so here's what I got. 57" across 9" tall in the front, 5" tall in the rear, 12" deep. If we need to Jack the seat up some I can do that, I work in metal fab. I need those lows haha. I attached a link of a quick sketch of my available space. I'm going to attach another pic of a forward firing box under the seat to see what your opinion is on that design. I'm open to build whatever. Thanks again.

 https://ibb.co/dczode

 
Posted

That will work for one sub but not enough space for two, the other thing is that the sub will not have enough (if any) clearance to the back seat, likely won't play properly like that.

Posted

Ok, I've re measured everything and instead of moving the seat up I thing I'm going with a box behind the seat. I have space for a box 54" long that leaves me 6" for port area. I'd like to do internal ports. So it's 8"deep at the bottom 17"tall 3" across the top. It should be close to 2 cubes

Posted

You could do one sub on ported or two on sealed, could also do a couple of 8s ported it seems.

Posted

I can build the box which isn't a problem, if one sub will hit the lows better than 2 sealed. Let's do that. The sub requires 1.2 cubes ported. Can you help me with what port size to use? I think I'm going with PVC pipe. On the box builder online I can get 1.5 cubes out of a box 44"L 8"Deep (bottom) 3" deep (top) 17" high. My plan is to add a brace in the middle and but a baffle 4" or so in front of the port (internal port) so that should bring me back down to 1.2 cubes after sub displacement. What size port would you recommend maybe 2.5" PVC pipe. How long? Thanks

Posted

For an 1.2 net box tuned to 33Hz and for that sub you will need a 4" PVC pipe 23" long.

Looking at your box dims I guess the sub wont fit due to mounting depth:

fitiss.jpg

Posted

Ok thanks man. You saved me a lot of time. Nice diagram, I guess I'll be lifting the rear seat and downfiring them. I'll see about making brackets at work today to lift the seat 3". Down fire box would sound better anyway probably. What program do you use to build boxes? Thanks for all the help.

Posted

Alright so I made brackets to lift the seat 4". I have to take out the flip down rack that's under there first. My plan is to install the brackets and see about my available space. As far as porting goes would y'all recommend a baffle before the port? I've seen a few boxes with say a 3" OD port with a price of wood 3" in front on the entrance for the port. Would this help as far as bass in concerned? Thanks for all the input. Hopefully I can get enough cubic feet for both 10" subs under there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3894 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...