Can someone help 4th order

Hey guys im doing my first build 3 skar evl 15s dvc 2ohm on a ts 3.5 I was gonna do a flat wall but everyone I know personally who does comps says if this is for me anf not for comps I need to do a fourth order cause it's more musical and has more bandwidth i wanna do demos but really i just love bass I've tried bass box 6 and win isd and on regular ported walls it wasnt a problem to get good response on the graph but when I try it with the 4th order calc no matter what i do I cant get the tuning right i want it tuned where its peaking between 32 and 55 Hz tops I don't know a bunch about it all i know is i love bass  and I  am a noob to all competitors I've read over an hour a day for 9 months and finally got the basics but still know nothing theres so much to learn but im dedicated  i got everything for it ho alt batts subs amp and all power cable ran but cant build the box correctly cause i cant do the specs and don't wanna mess up the subs from doing it wrong I know it's time consuming and has no benefit to you but if someone could please help id be eternally grateful the box max external specs are 42d 36h 40w so it leaves plenty of room for the 2:1. And the subs rec enclosure are 3.5-3.75 sealed 3.5-4.0. Ported thanks so much for even reading this ridiculously long post if someone would help I will build and show results so they can know there time wasnt wasted -hooplah- 

Thats what i thought but they just wont let it go they said since i have room for 4th order thats what should be done I know testing is the only real way to know but i work 6 12s so time is kinda an issue when it comes to building trial and error 

13 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Dont listen to everyone. A properlly designed ported box will have plenty of bandwith

Thats what i thought but they just wont let it go they said since i have room for 4th order thats what should be done I know testing is the only real way to know but i work 6 12s so time is kinda an issue when it comes to building trial and error 

1 minute ago, ToNasty said:

4th order is harder and more time than regular ported.  Just go ported.  

The harder part im not to worried aboit carpenter by trade by im worried about the excursion? What ive read online and have come to understand is that if the port isnt correct it'll cause the subs to mess up i may not be correct I have to read these forums and random facts online and its hard to get educated that way 

2 minutes ago, Hooplah said:

The harder part im not to worried aboit carpenter by trade by im worried about the excursion? What ive read online and have come to understand is that if the port isnt correct it'll cause the subs to mess up i may not be correct I have to read these forums and random facts online and its hard to get educated that way 

Have someone design a box for you. Hunter here is ezdb designs and designs awesome enclosures.    

The same thing can happen with a 4th order   keep it simple 

Just now, ToNasty said:

Have someone design a box for you. Hunter here is ezdb designs and designs awesome enclosures.    

The same thing can happen with a 4th order   keep it simple 

But what does it cost kinda strapped for cash  electrical really ran up faster then I thought it would and in unsure of who hunter is???

Just now, ToNasty said:

60 bucks or so maybe 80

Any idea how i might be able to contact him Nd will he recommend which one he thinks i should go with i noticed on win and bbp6 it gives recomendations on what type to go with for the type of sub I aint really sold on 4th order i just want the most i can get outta what i got

Archived