Is there a problem with my electrical

Hey guys,

I own a toyota corolla ae90 liftback. A couple days ago i swapped out my stock 90amp alternator and added a 140amp with a single xs power xp3000bat in the back (no front battery).

My system is roughly 2800rms but in the past even when i had smaller amps it always sounds like its lacking power and not "full"

I use xs power 100% ofc silver tinned copper 0gauge for my runs and did my big 3 with that wire also. This is strange, yesterday a friend of mines brought his car over,we literally have the same alternator ,wires type and amps (both of us has a deafbouce 2k and nvx 800.4) with the only difference being he has a single northstar 76ah battery upfront and i have my xp3000 120ah batttery in the back. We both use a single 12" sub and his bass is very louder than mines when we both tuned with a dd1 meter. We clamped the bass output on his amp while playing the same tone, he got 78amps and i got 61amps. My car is smaller so my wire runs are shorter. 

My question is, is there anything that could be hindering my electrical in the car? Fuses or anything a can check? 

Thanks

Screenshot_20190424-230832_Gallery.jpg

Different cars can make a huge difference in acoustics and how sound travels.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Better grounds?

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

what are you getting for vAC output on the amp at the distortion point on the dd-1 with both builds?

2 hours ago, Jeremy009 said:

We both clamped using the same tone without a sub being hooked up. I have more battery power, we both have same alternator..when subs are hooked up, his bass sounds better, more full and deep. Even if i put my sub and box in his car, it sounds better

Better, ,wires, grounds beats me one amp hits the 1% distortion before the other

Archived