Newer preferred Headunits

The 80PRS  has been the best Headunit I've ever owned but mine took a crap on me  a few years ago and I've gone through several headunits since then. Currently running a pioneer AVH x5800BHS .  Just wondering if the 80PRS is still best bang for the buck preferred unit or if there's something else newer that's as good or better. In the reasonable price range or just quit bitching and buy another

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

I’m a Kenwood guy. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If you wanted to go “balls to the wall” there is a nice Sony unit I was drooling over the other day ... Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

13 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

If you wanted to go “balls to the wall” there is a nice Sony unit I was drooling over the other day ... Just Saying 

You talking about this one? https://www.crutchfield.com/S-LVIbbeuHCum/p_158RSXGS9/Sony-RSX-GS9.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=165291222025&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=86915005825&awdv=c&awug=9008805&gclid=CjwKCAjwmZbpBRAGEiwADrmVXv47mHS0H-P86QEX2o9Vt2G-jol32Y6dZkGP0JsxaiEG_R_WFHklWxoCc68QAvD_BwE

41 minutes ago, Ripkon said:

I think that’s it not sure. Thanks for the link. 

If I ever yank this 9980 I’ve held onto all these years, I will go to it’s latest predecessor. Not sure what the model number is, but I know it’s one bad mother f****r of a head unit. 

Speaking of not so much as bells and whistles, but un parallel music reproduction. 

2 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I think that’s it not sure. Thanks for the link. 

If I ever yank this 9980 I’ve held onto all these years, I will go to it’s latest predecessor. Not sure what the model number is, but I know it’s one bad mother f****r of a head unit. 

Speaking of not so much as bells and whistles, but un parallel music reproduction. 

And no CD player :)

Archived