Sundown Audio

DC 2.0k x2 strapped vs Orion 2500xtr?

KickerSlo

I have a single DC 2.0 k and the Orion 2500. I'm trying to get as much out of my DC M4 Elite 15 as I can and I'm trying to figure out whether or not two of the 2.0k will actually outperformed the Orion. Currently the woofer is a dual 1.4 and I am getting a hair over 2500 watts out of the Orion but I cannot find any information about the actual output of the DC units strapped. With my current setup biome rise gets me to 2.3 ohms. Any assistance you all can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Let's back up. Are you wired at .7 nominal currently?

Using 2 boards, at 1.4, nominal,( your only choice with a board per coil) you'll struggle to make power. 4k wired at 1.4. VS  2500 at .7, is probably a wash. Not enough to notice with your ear hole anyway. Maybe a db, on the meter. Maybe. 

Strapping daily at .35 doesnt sound real fun for daily.  Wired at .35 daily lasted about 3 months for me, until I nuked both boards. That's your call. 

Get a 5k board and run at .7 ??? 

I am with home boy up above tho (Wil). If I have the options of strapping or gain matching, I'll gain match 104% of the time. Just me, and just my personal preference. 

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

Let's back up. Are you wired at .7 nominal currently?

Using 2 boards, at 1.4, nominal,( your only choice with a board per coil) you'll struggle to make power. 4k wired at 1.4. VS  2500 at .7, is probably a wash. Not enough to notice with your ear hole anyway. Maybe a db, on the meter. Maybe. 

Strapping daily at .35 doesnt sound real fun for daily.  Wired at .35 daily lasted about 3 months for me, until I nuked both boards. That's your call. 

Get a 5k board and run at .7 ??? 

I am with home boy up above tho (Wil). If I have the options of strapping or gain matching, I'll gain match 104% of the time. Just me, and just my personal preference. 

This 110%.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived