Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Bass knobs, a different kind of "problem"...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I want a universal bass knob.

 

But here's my problem, I spent good money and extra time replacing my old rcas with new higher end ones .

 

All the universal knobs connect to rcas to control voltage. Now all I've seen have two sets of female RCA tails for input and output. They all look shitty like the kind that come with dvd players. 

 

I do not want to have high end RCA cables only to have a cheap set connected to the knob "bottle neck" them at the very beginning of run to amp.

 

Do they make any with just female Jack's and no length of RCA hanging off of it? So I can just plug mine right into to knob body

Posted

Never seen any like that, but you could buy an LC-1 for $8, take apart the case, unsolder the wires, and solder wire of your choice and attach the female connectors yourself, or get a 1ft female to female RCA of the brand you run, cut it in half, solder the ends to the LC-1.

I think the only knobs I've seen big enough to support your direct connect idea are SPL Cartel knobs. You'd have to custom order it from them if they would even do it

Posted
1 hour ago, AaronT said:

Well I want a universal bass knob.

 

But here's my problem, I spent good money and extra time replacing my old rcas with new higher end ones .

 

All the universal knobs connect to rcas to control voltage. Now all I've seen have two sets of female RCA tails for input and output. They all look shitty like the kind that come with dvd players. 

 

I do not want to have high end RCA cables only to have a cheap set connected to the knob "bottle neck" them at the very beginning of run to amp.

 

Do they make any with just female Jack's and no length of RCA hanging off of it? So I can just plug mine right into to knob body

Are you referring to the pac lc1? Because that's what i always use. Hell right now I have one installing in my truck with rca cables that cost 250 bucks for a 3 foot length.  Its only used on the sub channel so you wont notice a difference 

Posted
2 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

If it means that much to you.  Get a pac lc1.  Open it up and solder quality cables in.   Super easy 

Its super easy, barely an inconvenience. 

Posted
23 hours ago, never knows best said:

 

He even used knukonceptz cables.

 

That's what I'm using, but I'm using 2 steps up. He used Klarity Kable, I'm going to use Krystal Kable.

 

I wish he showed the build process instead if final pics

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1301 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...