Trying to decide on a DSP ?

So what I have going on, is that I'm using all 6 outputs from my head unit right now, back to a 5 ch amp (of which Im only using the 4 stereo channels... front for mids/highs, rear for mid-bass) and to my new Wolfram 2400.1 for my subwoofer. 

But I feel like my next biggest step for SQ, is going to be adding a DSP, mainly to EQ the system, and really smooth out the frequency response... especially in the bass region (knocking down the cabin gain, and pumping it up below 35 hz or so)

So what I'm looking for is a great value on a DSP which will work with the 6 channel outputs from my HU, and make 5 or 6 really cleaned up, and straightened out outputs for my mono amp, and my 4 ch amp. Oh, and I know I'm going to need a Mic system too. Hoping to stay below $400. Any suggestions ?

PS, I don't have a laptop, and don't plan to buy one for this "hopefully" one time setup of the new DSP. But to be quite honest, I was really hoping to find a tuning pro (for a reasonable rate) to completely dial in my whole system after I install the DSP installed anyway... I wouldn't mind paying more for this service, if they had a mic already, and we could use that one... plus their laptop....

Sounds like you want a HU with tuning functions. A $400 DSP that doesn't require a laptop will be hard to find. Maybe you want a manual 3/4 way crossover unit to make adjustments.

I would say hit the goolge search button $400 car audio DSP.  I just did and not a lot out there that doesnt take a computer.  Welcome to 2020

41 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Sounds like you want a HU with tuning functions. A $400 DSP that doesn't require a laptop will be hard to find. Maybe you want a manual 3/4 way crossover unit to make adjustments.

I would say hit the goolge search button $400 car audio DSP.  I just did and not a lot out there that doesnt take a computer.  Welcome to 2020

Thank you, but no, I'm not looking for a DSP that doesn't require a PC / laptop. I'm hoping to find someone who does car audio tuning, and I'm assuming they will have a laptop, and maybe a mic as well. 

Does Mini DSP make something that would work well ?

Haven't really seen any HU's with 31 band, or more EQ's... but then honestly, I haven't looked for such a thing. I'm pretty happy with my current HU though.

I guess had we know you had  a good HU, wanted a DSP that you would have someone tune your system for $400 that might have helped. BUt again Google button and still not a lot out there for that range. $450-500 unless you do go mini, maybe audio control.

Sound digital or taramps makes a dsp sans laptop.

But its functionality is very basic

as far as value goes you cannot beat the Dayton 408

If you want to just spend a little money on extra flash without any real benefit other than saying I have a i have a high-end dsp, RF 360

3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I guess had we know you had  a good HU, wanted a DSP that you would have someone tune your system for $400 that might have helped. BUt again Google button and still not a lot out there for that range. $450-500 unless you do go mini, maybe audio control.

Yea, I don't get why guys want to bend you over for tuning ? I mean seriously, if I had the equipment which I had already bought for my own systems, and the knowledge of how to use it, I'd help guys out for $50... 

It's really looking like I'm just going to have to tune the ef'ng thing myself. Urgggg... PITA.... :(

2 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Yea, I don't get why guys want to bend you over for tuning ? I mean seriously, if I had the equipment which I had already bought for my own systems, and the knowledge of how to use it, I'd help guys out for $50... 

It's really looking like I'm just going to have to tune the ef'ng thing myself. Urgggg... PITA.... :(

Tuning's not that bad and trust me i feel your pain.  I am low on patients when it comes down to certain things and that is one of them.  I would rather learn and tune it to what i like than someone elses prefferance.

Archived