New Material I Found

I was shopping at joans fabric today for some fleece for my next build. I ask what they had with the absorbtion of thin cotton, but the stretching properties of fleece. The lady showed me something called dancewear fabric. It stretches like spandex without major recoil, and is thin so it wont eat up resin. Its about 10.99 a yard and come 48 inches wide.

I thought i would share this with you guys, in case anyone else wanted to try something new.

[p.s. this new build i am fiberglassing either 4 10's or 3 12's in my friends 70 Monte Carlo and doing the entire trunk in a layer of fiberglass to even things out, then black crushed velvet. the trunk is enormous, easily 12 cubes if you use the trunk and wheel wells as the bottom of the box.

but back on topic, search in google for dancewear fabric and give it a try.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

that's kinda expensive. got some fleece for $3 or $4 last time i got some. but then again it's probably a lot more user friendly. i might check into it next time i'm around a fabric store. maybe they have some on sale or somethin

It can be found online for 5 dollars for a 60 inch wide yard. I just can't wait for the shipping time. It should use much less resin and be much better to get a freeform stretch [like the inside of a trunk]

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I was shopping at joans fabric today for some fleece for my next build. I ask what they had with the absorbtion of thin cotton, but the stretching properties of fleece. The lady showed me something called dancewear fabric. It stretches like spandex without major recoil, and is thin so it wont eat up resin. Its about 10.99 a yard and come 48 inches wide.

I thought i would share this with you guys, in case anyone else wanted to try something new.

[p.s. this new build i am fiberglassing either 4 10's or 3 12's in my friends 70 Monte Carlo and doing the entire trunk in a layer of fiberglass to even things out, then black crushed velvet. the trunk is enormous, easily 12 cubes if you use the trunk and wheel wells as the bottom of the box.

but back on topic, search in google for dancewear fabric and give it a try.

Wait, your a dude, and you got help at a fabric shop? :blink:

The cranky old ladies at the shops around here won't even look at you, let alone give you any help.

Oh and that stuff works great as long as it's not a big open span, It can sag.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

do like i did. look in the neighboors garbage. i found a roll of this cotton/fleece material. its about 30-40" wide x about 35' long. its free and it will work for me. so what if i got it out of the garbage lol

----reference's----

meade916

Ponte'.

Thats the fabric you ask for. Sounds like what you got. Ponte'.

Stretches alot, doesn't sag, and is real easy to pull wrinjkles out of.

Fleece is ok, but expensive in the long run. It soaks up 2 times the amount of resin to get it to wet out compared to Ponte'.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Wait, your a dude, and you got help at a fabric shop? :blink:

The cranky old ladies at the shops around here won't even look at you, let alone give you any help.

Oh and that stuff works great as long as it's not a big open span, It can sag.

yes i know, i normally dont shop at joans, but it was cheaper and better selection than walmart. She even ordered me the white crushed velvet with a coupon a didn't have lol. i guess i'm a ladies man [old ladies that is]

JK

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN