Is Getting Two Hc800 For My Accord A Good Idea?

newegg.com ftw

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i think i'm doing the Kinecks HC1400 up front and HC600 in the trunk.....or maybe an HC800. New egg do have some gud deal u cannot deny. I'm too broke for Powermasters. I heard they might be better but I really don't hear any bad comments on the kinecks as well. I keep hearing about this MLA on this forum but have not really payed too much attention to them cuz i thought they were just for the tahoes or domestics. Plus i'm really scared of messing my car electrical bringing the voltage up like that. Is that thing safe? is it available for Hondas?

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

you havent researched much than, theres something about them swelling up you should hit up mechman before you decide they are to expensive for you, my Powermaster was competitively priced with the kinetik counterpart

you havent researched much than, theres something about them swelling up you should hit up mechman before you decide they are to expensive for you, my Powermaster was competitively priced with the kinetik counterpart

I would just leave your yellow top up front (assuming its in good condition) and put a D1200 in the back. Both batteries are AGM, and have almost identical resting voltages; they work fine together. There is no need to discard a good battery (the yellow top) that you've already paid for.

I could try to sell you two batteries, but the honest truth is that one D1200 in back would work perfectly. It's $180 shipped- that's a lot cheaper than two HC800's.

how often is this swelling problem with the kinecks? is this a common problem? What causes it...heat...overcharging?

I was already sold on kinetiks till i heard this swelling.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

how often is this swelling problem with the kinecks? is this a common problem? What causes it...heat...overcharging?

I was already sold on kinetiks till i heard this swelling.

Under-hood heat causes swelling, so does overcharging. The Powermaster can be purchased with a steel shell if you are going to use it under the hood to protect it from the heat, the Kinetiks are not available that way and shouldn't be used under the hood.

In our own testing on our demo vehicles, the Powermaster batts dramatically outperformed the Kinetiks in discharge rate. That's why we sell Powermaster now.

Under-hood heat causes swelling, so does overcharging. The Powermaster can be purchased with a steel shell if you are going to use it under the hood to protect it from the heat, the Kinetiks are not available that way and shouldn't be used under the hood.

In our own testing on our demo vehicles, the Powermaster batts dramatically outperformed the Kinetiks in discharge rate. That's why we sell Powermaster now.

THanks....I'll look into powermasters instead. Unless i get a real good deal with the kinetiks. THanks for the help.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Go with Mechman, get the D1200!! It's way cheaper than getting 2 kinetiks!! I went from 2 Kinetik hc600 to 1 powermaster D1200 and my voltage holds way better now!! Mechman.com homie!!!!

makes me want to go powermaster. i'm about to research.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module