UPDATE 08/08/08 POST:23 - I got my estimate today. $5400 not including any suspension/tire work. That is just for paint on the scratches, and the air bags, int panels, and sensors.

Yesterday i got up at 6am drove 2 hours to another store to do a reset. Worked from 8am to 11pm then drove 2hours home. About 10minutes from my house is where this happened. It was 1am and I had my cruise set on 80mph. I fell asleep. When i woke up i was in the median of the interstate. I overcorrected and got sideways in the median and my side curtain/seat airbags went off. Still sideways, driver side going forward, i ended up back on the road at which point all i could think was oh fuck, trees! Dont get on that side of the road. I came to a stop sideways/backwards on the shoulder/ditch. My car wasnt runnin, and my first insticnt was to get out of the car. I got out and walked away and collected myself. I walked around the car, i hadnt hit anything or broken anything or got any dents. No flat either. All was well kinda. I got in the car, cranked it, rolled the windows down, backed out of the ditch, and drove home. As i was driving i noticed my left forearm was stinging. I looked at it and it had a scratch. when i got home i could see the scratch which had already started bruising, and another big ass bruise on the upper backside of my arm. Also, a headache and a ringing ear from the airbags. This morning, i looked the car over a little better and noticed some scratches. Then when i drove it, it was shaking a little, and pulling to the right. I went to the dealership who constructed a massive list of parts that need replaced. Among that list, btu not limited to is: seat, seatbelt and sensor, seat air bag, driver and pass side curtain air bags and sensors, a pillars, b pillars, headliner, 3 new tires, 1 new rim, 2 new hubcaps, a 4wheel alignment. This is what they found with out actually digging in. They think the tie rods may be bent. Once on the alignment machine they can figure it all out.

Cool thinng here is since i was traveling for work, they will pay my deductable which is 500$. My dad and i were talkign it over, and it may be totaled. If it is, i'm going to get a 09 Si. I just thank god i am alive. When i ran off the interstate, i had just passed an overpass by like 50-100ft. I am going to go out in a bit and take pics where it happened. Anyways. Here are some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn dude, Your a lucky ass mofo. Glad your alright

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Glad you're alrite bro :)

Yea those airbags are not forgiving...They come out at around 400 mph (twice as fast as front air bags)...so that should xplain some of the scratches....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

glad your aight bro...holy shit man had to be scary as fuck when you woke back up

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

damn man, glad youre ok and so is the honda :)

could i get your springs though if it is totaled? :D

I'm pretty sure. idk tho. It's prolly not totalled but it is gonna be upwards of 4-5k i'm guessing.

That wont be totaled unless the frame is twisted to bad and the block is all cracked up Glad your alright though that is one weird ass airbag system man its like it punches you in the back of the head

The airbag that came out of the bottom of the seat is the one that fucked my arm. I like that one picture from inside, it actually did make a cozy little spot.

glad your aight bro...holy shit man had to be scary as fuck when you woke back up

You have no idea bro, talk about fucking trippin! I mean like never before have i had a feeling like that. sliding sideways at ~70mph, cant see shit out the side for the air bags. brake pedal all the way on the floor. all i could really do was brace myself for an impact which there wasnt thankfully.

Another bad thing about this is i wasnt wearing my seatbelt. like a fucking dumbass, i know, dont go there. The hodna dealership said i either had to go airborne, or hit something for the curtain bags to go off and well, we all know i didnt hit anything. If that thing had rolled w/ me not wearing the seatbelt, i may not be here talking to you guys right now. On that note, i've also wondered, if my car wasnt lowered and had the lower center of gravity if it would have flipped.

Last night, i was scared to go to sleep b/c i was afraid i was going to wake up in a hospital or something, and that driving it home was all a dream. that woulda been the worst thing ever. I only slept 5hrs last night after being up for 19. i'm still dazed.

god bibbs.

dont get in that car again until u get some sleep.

glad ur alright but dam that couldve been really bad

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz