Bass Almost Stops Car...

Alternator putting load on the car's motor?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

how have people not died from some the answers given on this board?

x2 :clapping:
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i know a ton of people who's gauges dont even work, altho the car works fine.. my buddies ford taurus speedometer doesnt work at all - he has to use his GPS that senses his speed to go off of... i know in my car whenever someone tries to start it without a proper ground (ie hotwire) all the gauges shut off and they are all jumpy-

but this is only happening when HIGH bass notes are hit....

you should try to find out (without dying, go in a parkign lot or something) play a bunch of test tones and see what frequency the car begins to slow down and slows down the most at. but i dont know what good that'll do.. i just think its a good idea for some reason.

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

OMG I wish I could get a vid. to show everybody what I mean!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

Okay today I ran it next to my buddies car with a digital speedo we were right next to each other (In a empty parking lot) at around 5MPH I started playing songs with high-notes and the car slowed to 1-2MPH each time the bass hit.

Not sure how accurate his speedo is but it gives you an idea of whats wrong.

My voltage at full tilt drops to 11.9-12.0 Is that bad?

I already gave the HU its own ground when that was installed. (8AWG)

Speedo only bounces around at highway speeds. (50-70MPH)

Thanks for all the responses though!

Derp.

here is my ? does it make the RPM's drop too or just the speed?

BIG difference in the possibilities

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

my car does the spedo thing i am nt sure the cause of it but it does not afect the speed i am actually going so i dont really worry about it. but the slowing down part i am not sure about thats weird and 11.9 to 12v at full tilt is not that bad i have seen alot worse.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

dude honestly I have no freggin clue..............my only thought is maybe its shorting ur fuel pump massivly so that while it gets enough to keep going but not enought to go powerfully

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Archived