Second Skin Audio

D9 Vs Lv4

If the D9 is sloppy in a correctly tuned box than I would have to look at sub settings on the headunit and amplifier then.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

If the D9 is sloppy in a correctly tuned box than I would have to look at sub settings on the headunit and amplifier then.

ive told him to check it out but i doubt he has... ill have him bring his truck over tommorro and ill just sit my old box and 1 of my subs and run it off his amp..and show him how much louder it is on a poor box

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

the box should have no problems at all, it was built by a reputable shop and as ive looked over it its nicely crafted....i know i keep bringing up korn as they are a good band to tell if u have good subs or not (imo) and his D9 would get just as sloppy on them as my 15's would...and it SHOULDNT be like that at all

maybe its not craftsmanship, but mavbe parameters?

maybe its not craftsmanship, but mavbe parameters?

size its fine but it has ALOTA non smooth lines, it is very strong, but box starts in front and acts as a seat under the center console, goes most the way to the dash, then sub sits in middle of the back seats and its ported under the bottom of the rear seat

0613081411.jpg

sub

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

and I repeat :huh:

Id try a different box b4 a new sub and see how he likes it then if hes still unhappy your out a few dollars of material and not a whole new low end...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Id try a different box b4 a new sub and see how he likes it then if hes still unhappy your out a few dollars of material and not a whole new low end...

ill talk to him, i just know a different box wont be easy as he still wants to be able to use the front portion as a seat...ill let you guys know what he decides, thanks for the help

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

x2.

try sub/port forward or up, or sub forward and port up!!!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

after seeing the current set up from the pic...I would suggest trying to mess with diff boxes and amp/eq set-up. That sub is one of the best sounding out there with the right set-up. I've heard them before in person and thought they were amazing. I currently have two D6 12's and they are bangin and sound great with any type of music. Sound very clean, tight, and loud. They are very quick and at the same time well controled. I would assume D9's are better than D6's.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit