Ipod Posted September 12, 2008 Report Posted September 12, 2008 i was in 9th grade... i think. didnt go to school that day, woke up to my grandma yelling up the stairs to wake me up and to turn on the t.v... i also didnt know what the twin towers were. yeah same here.. didnt have a clue what it was or what it did.. till that whole thing happened... Hustle hard, Stack paper, It's alright, ya'll haters, It's nothing, We major, You see me, Hi Hater! =) ~ Manio
trainman0978 Posted September 12, 2008 Report Posted September 12, 2008 heard it on the radio leaving work and heading to a buddy's house to take him to the doctor. He saw the doc, I stared at the tv in the waiting room. When he was done, we sat the waiting room for over two hours glued to the t.v. Did anybody ever watch the 25th hour? There is a scene in that movie where they were lookin out the window at ground zero. Spike Lee did a really good job showing how people in new york were faced with the sight of ground zero everyday, and that wasnt even what the movie was about. ( not trying to change the thread or thread jack, just a chilling scene in that movie that kinda sucks but seems totally necessary) 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue my upgrades and "build" thread. My Kulicki Box Build -Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars -Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash ) -JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi - Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box. -Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio -All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0, -270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum- -2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz. Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties
Guest clifford3030 Posted September 12, 2008 Report Posted September 12, 2008 I was in 7th grade and after first hour we had it on tv in almost every class... went home to my mom watching it on tv. She was glued to the tv for days.... I thought it was crazy but everyone freaking out thinkin we might be attacked(in kansas) annoyed me so i didn;t really take it in until the days after. Still to this day me and my mom get to talkin about it every now and then because she is curious about it... RIP and hopefully those responsible eventually get caught.
Charger Posted September 13, 2008 Report Posted September 13, 2008 I was in Year 7, I was 12 (Same system as Boon over here) Woke up in the morning and it was all over the TV. (Happened during the night fore us) Sadly, I didn't take much notice as I was getting ready for school. I thought they were talking about some new movie coming out or something so I went to school. Then once I got to school it kicked in what had exactly same. Previous 150+ daily rides: Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470 2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4 x American Bass HD18 walled SMD - System of The Month August 2008 My Youtube Videos
majorpayne Posted September 13, 2008 Report Posted September 13, 2008 I remember i was in 8th grade english class...the teacher got a phone call to turn on the tv to the news, we sat there and watched it for a bit, watched the second plane hit the tower, i couldnt believe wut was happening, then our principal came in and told the teacher to turn the tvoff and find work for us to do, after she left the classroom my teacher turned the tv back on and that he would rather get fired then let us miss most likely one of the most important and horrific days in american history..after i came home my family just sat down and watched the news for hours, it was a very sad day for everybody whether you were involved or not, RIP to all the cops, firefighters, civilians, and innocent passengers that passed away on that day, you might be gone, but you will not be forgotten.
wL<3bass Posted September 13, 2008 Report Posted September 13, 2008 I was in personal fitness class in the 10th grade. We actually saw the second plane hit the tower...i dont think I will ever forget that image. I was in 5th grade art class when someone called my teacher on the phone and said turn on the tv and a few seconds later over the pa system the principle said to "keep all tv's off!", well my teacher turned it on right as the second plane slammed into the building, I was thinking it was a movie and didn't understand what was going on at the time since my teacher hadn't told us. After a few moments she began to tell us what was going on. I'll never forget that day, I can remember exactly where I was sitting in that class when it happened. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
Beanz Posted September 13, 2008 Report Posted September 13, 2008 i was in fifth grade too,i didnt know what was goin on.i though at first they had just demolished the buildings like to get rid of them till my sister told me what happened on the phone.At school too we watched what had happend and it was just weird.Cant forget what happends.And to all those people that died RIP gone but never forgotten!.just cant belive it's been 7 years too. That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
Lice_01 Posted September 14, 2008 Report Posted September 14, 2008 Well, Here's what happened to me... Actually living in Manhattan, New York. I was in 6th grade. It was 3rd Period on a Tuesday, The Class was "Auditorium", (once a week all 6th graders to auditorium where vice principle would talk about what's new and so on) So the vice principle is talking and down the aisle comes an assistant with a paper of someone who was being picked up. What came to my mind was "lucky him, gets to go home early". 2 Minutes later the assistant come back with 2 more peoples names. Couple minutes more she calls out about 10 students name's. Everyone basically had a "wtf" look on their face cause we had no idea what was going on. A few minutes later we were moved to the Lunch Rooms and 8th graders were moved to the auditorium and I Guess the 7th graders where in the gym. One by one we would see students being picked up but we still did not now what was happenings. After about 5-10 minutes have the grade was gone (600+ students in 6th grade) So I asked my teacher what was happening, he responded with a straight look "terrorist attack". At the time I did not understand what that ment so I gave no thought to it and continued to talk to friends wondering what was happening, each giving our own ideas at to what could be happening. Sooner or later my my mom came to pick me up and then went to pick up my sister (an 8th grader) who was in the auditorium, I stayed in the hall and saw one of my friends who had been filled in told me what had happened. I could not believe him so we went to another friend and asked.... It was true. My mom got my sister and we went outside, On the way home I saw the grief on people's face but I still did not understand why until I got home and actually saw what happened with my eyes on tv. Most of the channels were down (had only an antenna at the time and one of the towers broad casted the channels) I sat stuck to the TV for the Next 3 days as we had no school. The sky was pink as the smoke from the towers blocked the sun....
~digital~bass~ Posted September 14, 2008 Report Posted September 14, 2008 VERY VERY VERY sad day for everybody. My condolences(spell check) go out to all who have lost family members or anybody who was a beloved on. 7 years later still really cant believe what really happened. Not so much cant believe as dont want to believe what really happened. Me and my girl plan to visit it on its 10th anniv. to pay our condolences. Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!
Twigz Posted September 14, 2008 Report Posted September 14, 2008 I was in high school I think freshman or sophomore year was just a normal regular day was in history class if i remember correctly. I just remember the intercom coming on and the principal explaining what happened, and for all to have a moment of silence, I don't believe their was a t.v turned on but I remember seeing alot of girls crying and teachers freaking out and stuff, school was not cancelled early I don't believe. moment of silence though 4 sure to every1 who lost their life that day. Fear The Quack! Shot at 2007-08-19
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.