How Much Should An Fi Btl 18 Move

javy101

you prolly broke the solder or something if u didnt smell coil, that happens. it all depends on the frequency of the song. low frequency songs will result in higher xmax. high louder frequencies dont move as much. set your gains right and dont let the sub distort, feed it the power that it wants, they are power hungry subs and take alot of abuse. dont worry about excursion

i kind of have to worry about it becaus my box is big 7.5 cubes and a sundown 3000d off of it just about a month ago i popped it it ripped from the cone to suspension just got it back from recone last week

You shouldn't have to worry with a BTL from what ive seen/herd, but i had a problem with that on my 15's they bottom out bad, the bottom of the coil hits the bottom of the magnet, but only when played at 10Hz

Sorry to get off topic kinda

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

imagine a normal sub and half it and thats what u should be at

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

considering xmax is one way, and xmech is both ways, just double the xmax.

That will give you a rough, very rough estimate but there are many subs that don't do double the xmax (ex. Eclipse titanium is rated at 3.5inches xmax and 4in xmech)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

You shouldn't have to worry with a BTL from what ive seen/herd, but i had a problem with that on my 15's they bottom out bad, the bottom of the coil hits the bottom of the magnet, but only when played at 10Hz

Sorry to get off topic kinda

Which would be, abuse.

If you unload the woofer it is going to freak out...which is what a subsonic filter is for.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

i kind of have to worry about it becaus my box is big 7.5 cubes and a sundown 3000d off of it just about a month ago i popped it it ripped from the cone to suspension just got it back from recone last week

If you are doing that you need to adjust your subsonic filter...

You are unloading the woofer causing damage, which is not the subs fault...it's dumb, it does what you tell it to do.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

If it is moving more than 2" peak to peak, you need to adjust something :D

I have run 4000+ to BTL's. ported box tuned to 34 Hz, subsonic set to 28 Hz and no over excursion. . .

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

i just got my alt in so i now can get my speaker moving like crazy my question was how much would be the maximum that it should move last time i blew the sub becuase it over exerted. nowing how far it should move will help me lay off when it starts to move to much

can you please change the title of the thread to "how much should 'a' fi btl move....the an is really annoying my grammar senses.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived