Second Skin Audio

16 12s?

I have a fully loaded btl 18 now everybody thinks its crazy loud, which it is for 1 woofer. But i want something with presence! Like able to feel you from a distance. So i went to the local stereo shop today to get some stuff priced. I like to support the shop because my good friend owns it. Anyway i went down and told them i wanted to do multiple woofer setup. I had been thinking of like 4 15s or 6 12s but with the room i have, i said why not 16 12s on 8 t5001bds in a clamshell type design like chickens.

Now the thing that gets me is the woofers. Im not trying to spend 300 per on woofer that holds a shit ton of power. Im looking for something in the 100 - 140 range that is at most 400rms. Ive been thinking of rockford p2s just because of the quality. But in your guys opinion, which woofers would u go with?

are there any that could be better for this setup?

Lets Go Ski

I'm not a fan of p2 at all.....the cones crack easily and they don't take power very well.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i had p2's and loved em. they lasted about 2 years then one blew. excellent sub tho.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

im not a fan of the sound of p2's

and i have seen quite a few cracked cones on them, and cracked cones are honestly pretty uncommon all things considered.

kicker cvr's can be had for like 75-80 bucks for 12's amd will easily hold 400 watts if you wanted to throw that much at it, i had 2 on a 700ish rms amp for months and never had a problem with it, and theyve gone through like 3 different owners so far and are still going strong.

infinity reference/jbl gto (theyre the same, just different dustcap basically) will also hold down that power and are un the sub-100 dollar price range, they also have a real nice sensitivity, i think its like 94 or 96, not to mention a good sound.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

check into soundstream. i put a couple 10 T4's in my friends celica and they sound very good. first time messing around with the brand and we're both not let down. xstream 12's are 300 watts RMS

http://www.soundstream.com/subwoofers-xstream.htm

can be had for a very nice price as well

EDIT: explorer sports FTFW!! :)

Edited by ExpoSport

It seems like every RF subwoofers I've seen have a cracked cone as well. You go to the stores, they're cracked/ see someones setup, they're cracked/ Help someone fix their setup, they're cracked.

I think that's probably the most infamous part of RF subs is they ALL seem to crack their cones.

How much volume will you be needing for this setup? 16 is a hella lotta woofers man. :hairtrick:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner