Sundown Audio

Tips, Tricks, Whatever To Get To A 148.2 **update**

I don't care how much it flexes, NO ONE IS SITTING ON MY CAR!!!!

to hit 150 dB, I would let 4 fat b----es sit on the windshield, the trunk and brace my doors for me!

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Ill sit up there ......burp ....then im in Gary's lap ....

LoL :friends:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

where your seat folds down there ductape that flap down

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

^very possible that could help since its so close

because you are using aeros, im going to guess that u should try smoothing out the surface on the back of ur seats somehow with thin metal, hell kitchen/bathroom vinyl might even work.... try to create smoother surfaces right around the port and maybe even between the cabin and trunk since it is a contriction and there could be some odd pressure build up there... think of an spl only vehicle... u dont see much carpet for a reason... painted: vinyl work, fiberglass, concrete, wood, are the norm... this is if you are really looking for tenths

support your ports close to the outer flares... who the hell knows man... ud be surpised

use the same color tape...haha

start thinking of little things like that

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i was also thinking next to the far ports put some 45s on those to direct the air into the cabin better

crude drawing but i think it gets the point across

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gary what if you make a baffle board for between the back seat and trunk. Seal that area up and only let your ports come through the baffle.

If you can, get the front of the baffle flush with the ports and also the hole you cut out for the port to go through flare the wood around the holes you cut for the ports.

Now if your wondering, well if I do that then my subs will be sealed off. Don't worry about that yet. Go ahead and do the termlab testing.

If you don't like what you see, go ahead and take the rear speakers out of the rear baffle and let the sub bass come through. Test again.

If no luck man, yank it all back out.

You know the game Trail and Error. Its the only way.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Befroe you take out the back speakers. Mount a piece of 3/4 MDF directly above subs on to the car. One of those fun upside down on your head jobs.

Now what that might do is #1 give your subs a very solid area to reflect against and maybe will help push more pressure natural preasure on your sub cones that inturn may help the preasure comming out of the ports.

It will also give you a solid area that your bass is not flexing that you can unload on to. If you can resin the front of the wood that the subs will be unloading against it would help alot too.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png