daddy_j Posted November 6, 2008 Author Report Posted November 6, 2008 OK, this is where I got th idea for these boxes. Well not me but nightshades. What amp are you using and how many batts. Sorry I forgot you were the one running the soloxs. LOoks nice, but with my ports that close to the back I lose like a whole db. Mine like their space. Whats with the silver tape around the box? I kinda understand the tape around the ports. I got a pretty good seal using a 3/4 mdf ring and liquid nails, and a few screws. Are those 6inch ports, and whats your highest score with these boxes. Gives me something to shoot for. ONe last thing should I take out all the panelling in the back? Maybe thats why I lost a db, I put it all back in after my initial 149.4dbs,
Loudcav Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 heres the main problem that Im seeing you admit that you filled up all the dead space that may have cost you right there CRX can be very finikey about sound deadening and where you place it
Boon Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 Your ports aren't going to load off the back of the car like that. Loading is very important. Bigger ports, and longer 10.x volts fo' life!
Charger Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 LOoks nice, but with my ports that close to the back I lose like a whole db. You actually lost some because you moved the subs back at the same time. It's all about coupling the waves. The subs need to be far forward and ports nice and far back. The ports need to be BIG! The tape makes it loud. We covered the whole enclosure in tape. You need to fibreglass the inside of the enclosures perfectly smooth and flare both ends of the port, the flare of the port should smoothen out onto the back of the enclosure. Eg. No seams. Previous 150+ daily rides: Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470 2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4 x American Bass HD18 walled SMD - System of The Month August 2008 My Youtube Videos
Nightshade Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 OK, this is where I got th idea for these boxes. Well not me but nightshades. What amp are you using and how many batts. Sorry I forgot you were the one running the soloxs. LOoks nice, but with my ports that close to the back I lose like a whole db. Mine like their space. Whats with the silver tape around the box? I kinda understand the tape around the ports. I got a pretty good seal using a 3/4 mdf ring and liquid nails, and a few screws. Are those 6inch ports, and whats your highest score with these boxes. Gives me something to shoot for. ONe last thing should I take out all the panelling in the back? Maybe thats why I lost a db, I put it all back in after my initial 149.4dbs, Dude I wouldn't be pointing the finger at me because your car isn't loud. I told you I would give you a starting point. I told you around a cube per woofer with the box tuned to 52-63hz. You then asked me what else I thought and I gave you my opinion. I have never built a crx. I can't help that your only doing a 148 in the kick with the door open. I can tell you this if it were my car I would build several boxes and figure it out. You said you have no money so don't be mad that your car isn't loud right now. How do you expect it to be loud without spending the money to get the supplies needed? I told you too that 45's in the corners with resin and resin on the inside and outside of the box will help too. Not to mention aeroports. If you would have listened to what I said about doing all of that you could be up to 2 db higher right now. Also the 12 guage wire is holding you back. I've seen crx's get loud off of 4" aeros so it's not just going to get loud by switching to 6" aeros. Charger is speaking about his friends car. Listen to him if he wants to give you all of his friends secrets. I know plenty of people I could ask for you and I tried, but no one wanted to give up what works for them because they worked so hard to achieve it. And you expect someone to just tell you how to make your car loud. I bet if you asked any of the Db Drag guys if they would tell you how to build your crx loud and exactly how to do it they would laugh at you and say figure it out for yourself. Don't expect people to do everything for you. I gave you a starting point, don't point the finger at me because you can't make it loud enough. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
bumpincruiser Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 Dude I wouldn't be pointing the finger at me because your car isn't loud. I told you I would give you a starting point. I told you around a cube per woofer with the box tuned to 52-63hz. You then asked me what else I thought and I gave you my opinion. I have never built a crx. I can't help that your only doing a 148 in the kick with the door open. I can tell you this if it were my car I would build several boxes and figure it out. You said you have no money so don't be mad that your car isn't loud right now. How do you expect it to be loud without spending the money to get the supplies needed? I told you too that 45's in the corners with resin and resin on the inside and outside of the box will help too. Not to mention aeroports. If you would have listened to what I said about doing all of that you could be up to 2 db higher right now. Also the 12 guage wire is holding you back. I've seen crx's get loud off of 4" aeros so it's not just going to get loud by switching to 6" aeros. Charger is speaking about his friends car. Listen to him if he wants to give you all of his friends secrets. I know plenty of people I could ask for you and I tried, but no one wanted to give up what works for them because they worked so hard to achieve it. And you expect someone to just tell you how to make your car loud. I bet if you asked any of the Db Drag guys if they would tell you how to build your crx loud and exactly how to do it they would laugh at you and say figure it out for yourself. Don't expect people to do everything for you. I gave you a starting point, don't point the finger at me because you can't make it loud enough.pwnt!
uhoh_45 Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 this should help R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Loudcav Posted November 7, 2008 Report Posted November 7, 2008 tear out the expanding foam then half your problem will be solved then get some more pipe and start again
Charger Posted November 8, 2008 Report Posted November 8, 2008 We did some improvements and made it even louder! WTF is this???? Now it's really loud!!!! There is also a nose attachment which is not pictured Okay we'll admit the paint was a bit of a joke but doesn't change the fact it's loud as FAWK! Previous 150+ daily rides: Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470 2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4 x American Bass HD18 walled SMD - System of The Month August 2008 My Youtube Videos
daddy_j Posted November 8, 2008 Author Report Posted November 8, 2008 IM not sure why your upset nightshades I was just giving you some credit, not blaming you. WOW! This went crazy fast. I didnt want to take the credit away from you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.