Need Advise On A Laptop

13 inch mac books just went down to 999.00 bucks. You cant go wrong with it. Perfect for what you need.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i have a hp dv6000, u can get them without certain upgrades for under that price, mine...it works flawlessy, super fast, works great for everything i need whether its taking notes or keeping up with my gaming addictions, perfect on the net and does great for movies, uploading, downloading the works!

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

some of you sound plain out retarded about your downloading and uploading of movies. that has nothing to do with your processor or ram. I have a celeron beater machine that downloads just as fast as my quad core that has 16gb of ram.

your net bandwidth is dependant 90 percent on your ISP. so when you sit there and say " my laptop downloads a movie in 30 minutes" you look like a jackass

x2...

what you need to look for is what computer will let you access and view those movies the easiest way possible. Ram and processing only come into effect when running multiple programs at once so the OS doesn't bog down. The more speed you have , the easier it is for the hardrive to run all programs as efficiently as it possibly can.

The user interface ( the operating system ) is what I consider the key decision is buying a computer, cause I don't game, and I am no programmer by any means. Of course harddrive and processor speed and size is a consideration, but for what most folks do on a laptop, going overboard is sort of a waste of money.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

some of you sound plain out retarded about your downloading and uploading of movies. that has nothing to do with your processor or ram. I have a celeron beater machine that downloads just as fast as my quad core that has 16gb of ram.

your net bandwidth is dependant 90 percent on your ISP. so when you sit there and say " my laptop downloads a movie in 30 minutes" you look like a jackass

i ment for watching movies, it has a great screen and what not....i dont upload movies, i download them but the speed is dependent on my internet connection

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

So I think I'm going blind with all these choices.

So what section are a must need vs. too much or I really won't use or notice a difference.

Processor Speed, brand and type? whats good / bad?

System Bus? How much is enough?

Cache Memory? How much and what kind?

System Memory? How much do I need what is a good amount to have?

The rest seams to be options more then needs. Oh and the wife is cool with no pink if it means a better computer.

And so far it looks like i'm stuck with Vista, which is fine as long as the machine can handle it

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

So I think I'm going blind with all these choices.

So what section are a must need vs. too much or I really won't use or notice a difference.

Processor Speed, brand and type?

System Bus? How much is enough?

Cache Memory? How much and what kind?

System Memory? How much do I need what is a good amount to have?

The rest seams to be options more then needs. Oh and the wife is cool with no pink if it means a better computer.

And so far it looks like i'm stuck with Vista, which is fine as long as the machine can handle it

Processor Speed, brand and type? Good: Amd Turion x2's and, intel core 2's

System Bus? How much is enough? Are you talking about bus speed? Mines 1600mhz and it does what I want it to

Cache Memory? How much and what kind? I have 1MB (2 x 512KB) L2 cache, once again its fine for what i do and should be for you.

System Memory? How much do I need what is a good amount to have? In my opinion I would say 2 gigs minimum.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion...roductDetail.do

heres a decent one great for what you want to use it for. has a 64bit os as well with 4 gig of ram. one thing that may be an issue with this is the battery life because thats a pretty hefty processor.

edit: id also look for a computer that has 4gigs of ram with a 64 bit os if you dont like that one cause like you said you dont want to have to upgrade it as soon as you get home.

Edited by Amalan

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion...roductDetail.do

heres a decent one great for what you want to use it for. has a 64bit os as well with 4 gig of ram. one thing that may be an issue with this is the battery life because thats a pretty hefty processor.

edit: id also look for a computer that has 4gigs of ram with a 64 bit os if you dont like that one cause like you said you dont want to have to upgrade it as soon as you get home.

lots of programs still dont work with a 64bit OS so imo not really a option a regular end user needs. hes not doingf anthing that needs a 64 bit o/s

lots of programs still dont work with a 64bit OS so imo not really a option a regular end user needs. hes not doingf anthing that needs a 64 bit o/s

alot of them do now though. like a year ago 64bit would have been pointless but most programs work with 64bit now thats why alot of pc manufactures are selling their pcs with a 64bit os. you are right though that not all of them work. im running a 64bit os and imo it really does help with multitasking imo but maybe its my imagination. my hd movies which are like 6+gigs in size are really skippy on my desktop but is perfect on my laptop

imo its really not necessary to have but it would be nice in case like the next big thing is going 64bit in like 4 months. just something to keep in mind i hate the feeling when something new comes out thats way better right after you buy somehting.