Second Skin Audio

Decisions, Decisions....

the older models are more durable and most xxx fans will tell you to go and try to find i believe an 06? model, before they were shipped over seas to be made

i'm all for the xxx i love that sub

wrong they arent more durable, the spiders wear down and then its recone time. people say to get the old 05 and older xxx because 1 they are cheap and 2 they think xbl2 > all.

at least put some findings in if your going to say ones more durable then the other rather then it seeming like hearsay.

thats pretty much my only problem with internet forums, alot of opinion is based off he said she said rather then people actually having a knowledgable view of a product

can the ppl who have never used or had any real experiance with the items of discussion kindly start staying out of it? Im tired of ppl getting reviews from folks that "heard this or seen that" But have never tested in real life.

That said and done James and Ken are correct. You have to decide which is going to suite you better and If money isnt an issue I say go for the XXX's unless you want straight brutality compared to subltle Brutality.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Having heard both and owned one of them (XXX) I lean towards the BTL, even without money being an issue the newer models of the XXX's don't have what they used to. I don't think either sub would be a bad choice, that's just my .02

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

you can always consider DC bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

old XXX ftw. but if your seriously looking at the XXX's in 15s we have 2 blown ones sitting at the shop. we'll recone em someday but not high on my list of things to do. still wouldnt be as cheap as a BTL thou

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

old XXX ftw. but if your seriously looking at the XXX's in 15s we have 2 blown ones sitting at the shop. we'll recone em someday but not high on my list of things to do. still wouldnt be as cheap as a BTL thou

ya man it sounds like you just have seen some cool vids on youtube and want to buy them just because of that. your going to need some major power to feed either one of those subs and its probably not going to be the easiest project for a beginer. im not saying you know nothing but most people with experience dont base their desicions on subs by vids on youtube. plan on spending alot more money for an alt, batts, big wire, deadener, and a big ass amp