Starting My A-pillars

dwright27

Posted Image

i had to cut all mine with a 29$ black and decker jigsaw, and made the circles with theat cardboard knockout built into the boxes.

im sure you have the ability to make perfect circular cuts with some patience, and it will save you quite a bit of cash on tools.

i spent maybe 20 minutes on those 6 rings, im sure a router would be sooo much faster and probably cleaner, but post up more pics nonetheless, i tore out my rears yesturday and need ideas of what to do, thinking about c-pillars(my rears stuck out waaaaay to far, kinda rubbed the seat, and people always kicked em)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

It sounds like you keep making excuses about why they aren't getting done. Who cares if you have a plunge router, a trim router, or whatever. You say you have a jig saw, make do and get it done... you're not always going to have the "perfect" tool for every job.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

It sounds like you keep making excuses about why they aren't getting done. Who cares if you have a plunge router, a trim router, or whatever. You say you have a jig saw, make do and get it done... you're not always going to have the "perfect" tool for every job.

i gotta go to work now but ill post pictures when i get home ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I used a jig saw for mine too, I used a finer blade if I remember right, didnt use my router becaue I have a make shift plexi jaspe jig, tho i used a router to counter sink and round off edges, and hit them with a belt sander.

But I make my rings a tad different then others, i see alot of people that make 2 seperate rings which one ring acts as a countersink finsih.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i made my own jig out of a piece of 1/2" mdf and sum research on the web james is right if you cant cut a perfict circle then just cut it a little bigger and use sand paper and str8n it out fabrication takes a lot of patents and practice the more you do and redo the better you will get just have to say to your self what can i do next time to make better

as for my vacation IDC instead of getting mad i will just thank james because instead of siting in front of my comp i got some work done on a customers enclosure which will get posted after i finish build any way here are some pic of my jig ]

Posted Image

Posted Image

good luck if u need any more help pm me ill try and help u as much as possibl

this is a link to were i got the most info for my jig

http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/5276/shop/page39.html

Hey chucking speakers in pillars is fun. Just be very very careful with your vision. You may think they're alright like that when you're sitting in the driveway but take it for a drive and you'll soon find out how much they actually obscure. Once you hit someone your insurance company won't wanna knowyou with a visual obstruction like that either. Just a heads up.

Here's the pillars I used to run in my daily, nothing flash but effective.

Finished in spray stone because the interior of my car isn't anything too special.

Posted Image

Posted Image

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

John cut the holes, mainly in part because it was his tools i believe and i really didnt wanna break anything and have to replace it, and he didnt ask me if i wanted to do it, so he did it. but here are a few pics.

Posted Image

We left tabs on the outside and cut em off with the jigsaw.

Posted Image

Test Fit

Posted Image

the far right side hole was to small lol.

Posted Image

and ended up with these. Can tell which one we cut first, theres a gash in the first one were the pin slipped outta the jasper jig but its not to bad and will never be seen cause f the glass.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and heres 2 pics of Johns rear half of the FJ

Rear folding horn

Posted Image

His battery box

Posted Image

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok so now i got a question.

when i stretch my fleece can i drop it down inside the ring and staple it to say the underside of the ring?? or should i just pull it tight to the outside of the speakers grille??

being as i dont have to much to do tomorrow i was gonna sand my panels down and get them ready for the glass. and attach my "feet" and glue them down. still havent got the imaging completely down yet though, hoping to at least get one pillar glassed tomorrow.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg