Sonic Electronix

ok, the amp is a Crunch GP 3000, the remote wire is shit they used electrical tape to tape it cuz it's blue wire and the wire is thin as hell and all fucked up. When I got my subs back we had a problem getting the system to work until we noticed the remote wire, well, now the amp turns on but gets no signal to the subs but the 6x'9s/components work fine. I checked the fuse 200A and it's not blown, made sure all the wires our connected to the amp, the subs aren't blown because I just got them back and am not over powering them. What other things should I look for? the remote wire is so thin and stripped I stripped the wire and tried to make it thicker and still nothing. On monday i'm start building a box for the lvl 4's tuned to 38 hz and gonna swap out the subs and hook up a back up sub to see if it's the amp or if it's the remote wire. How much would it cost to get a new wire kit? what would u reccommend? I'm really getting upset because I just got my subs back and it hasn't even been a month and all ready problems. Any suggestions would be appreciative.

Also would like to add, when I turned the car on it took the amp a good couple of seconds to turn on before the bass actually went on meaning I would have to turn the volume to a certain level for the amp get juice but now it just turns on and the bass doesn't come. All the settings on the amp our set to LOW. Also checked and the PWR light is green the amp is not in Protect mode.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

The size of the remote wire doesn't matter. The fact that the amp is turning on says there is indeed current going thru it to kick it on.

Is there any sort of protect light on? how are the subs wired? Are the speaker wires shorting out anywherE?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

If you're really concerned about the remote wire, take a jumper wire, and jump the 12v+ to the remote input (not likely the issue) Get a DMM and measure the ohm load on the subs, make sure its at a constant load, and wired to something the amp can handle. Then see if there is any AC voltage coming out of the amp. You should run across the problem.

Also, Check your RCAs

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

remote wire does matter i found to have that same problem back in the day because of a weak 12 volt turn on like stated above jump power to the remote turn and see if the problem is solved if not rca or the imputs to the amp might be blown ive also seen this were the imputs go bad on the amp but wont send it into protect so it looks fine

you just gotta go over everything if all eles fails send the amp back to be looked into

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i had the same problem with my cadence amp. it was the inputs, im not sure if the gp3000 has high level inputs but if it does try that, hopefully it will work. otherwise idk what to tell ya, good luck hopefully ur amp isnt hurt any.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Well i had the GP2500 and i hooked those 4 cvrs that i had in the wall and wired them at .5 for fun. IT lasted about a minute then cutoff. I thought i had blown it and about an hour later i went and checked and it was back on. You might of had the subs wired wrong and it cut the amp off, or you forgot to put your rcas on the radio or maybe the amp. maybe the speaker wires came off the subs. Do another complete recheck of al lthe wiring and like derrick said get out a meter and check voltage thruout

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350