Second Skin Audio

"no Subsititute For Cone Area" ? Okay Then.......

Here's one for you.

This evening during Thankgiving dinner (hope ya'll had a good one..... I'm still freaking stuffed ! :-) I mentioned to a young friend of mine, that I was going to be running two 12"s to start out with. I told him they were kind of in the mid-power range, rated for about 350 to 400wts, and that was exactly what I had to give to them.

He immediatly says, "Ah dude, I know this one 'Pro Series' 12" that would have been as loud as both of those together, and your box could have been half the size".....

Hmmmm. No arguing the box size aspect.... Of course with a Supercab, and no rear seats, space is not a real big concern for me anyway.

But now, sure, I know of LOTS of pro series subs that can take ALL the power I'll be splitting between my current two subs, and even more ! Lots more !

But would any pro 12" sub, with all of my amps power to it, actually be louder than my two 12" subs, with the power split between them ? Honestly, I don't think so.

I know their are all kinds of variables, with the greatest being the box.... But regardless of what subs I ever go with, my box is going to be "spot on" to previously calculated specs, for the particular sub(s) in question....

What do you think ?

Fish

Here's one for you.

This evening during Thankgiving dinner (hope ya'll had a good one..... I'm still freaking stuffed ! :-) I mentioned to a young friend of mine, that I was going to be running two 12"s to start out with. I told him they were kind of in the mid-power range, rated for about 350 to 400wts, and that was exactly what I had to give to them.

He immediatly says, "Ah dude, I know this one 'Pro Series' 12" that would have been as loud as both of those together, and your box could have been half the size".....

Hmmmm. No arguing the box size aspect.... Of course with a Supercab, and no rear seats, space is not a real big concern for me anyway.

But now, sure, I know of LOTS of pro series subs that can take ALL the power I'll be splitting between my current two subs, and even more ! Lots more !

But would any pro 12" sub, with all of my amps power to it, actually be louder than my two 12" subs, with the power split between them ? Honestly, I don't think so.

I know their are all kinds of variables, with the greatest being the box.... But regardless of what subs I ever go with, my box is going to be "spot on" to previously calculated specs, for the particular sub(s) in question....

What do you think ?

Fish

Yes it is very possible for 1 12 to be louder than your 2 12s on the same power

Yes it is very possible for 1 12 to be louder than your 2 12s on the same power

X2

Ex.

I really ain't to fond of JL's products, but I have heard 1 12" W7 trump alot of 2 12" set-ups. Yet I've heard 2 12's be louder, vice-versa.

IMO its all in the build.

Derp.

two 12's with x power is easier to get loud, but theres no reason that a single 12 couldnt be louder with the same power

look at dante, pulling 180's with one 18, while steve is in the 150's with 4. (just an example, i know its completely apples to oranges)

my .02, with the same power and tuning, the 2 12's will probably be louder, it is possible to get one 12 to be louder, but why go through the extra effort?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

two 12's with x power is easier to get loud, but theres no reason that a single 12 couldnt be louder with the same power

look at dante, pulling 180's with one 18, while steve is in the 150's with 4. (just an example, i know its completely apples to oranges)

my .02, with the same power and tuning, the 2 12's will probably be louder, it is possible to get one 12 to be louder, but why go through the extra effort?

and alan dante has a vehicle designed to play a single frequency that has several thousand pounds of steel/concrete/and lexan but cant play any sort of music

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

but isnt dante just all about burping while steve is daily?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

and alan dante has a vehicle designed to play a single frequency that has several thousand pounds of steel/concrete/and lexan but cant play any sort of music

he was using that as an example thus the " apples and oranges "

however one 12 can be louder than 2 for the simple fact that with the same power the single 12 would be getting pushed harder as apposed ( sp ) to having 2 12's half powered. ect.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

i'm going to leave it as it's all in the build..

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front