yes there could be possibly more than one thing wrong.. I haven't had to do too much work with PT crusisers but I do know they have bad heads i.e. aluminum heads like on the cadilac northstar engines which are very famous for the problem of blowing the head gasket.. Try listening around if you hear any air hissing out around your head. But if its throwing that code my OBDII book says its 4 different things with the EGR valve.

Edited by travo19

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Ok, sounds like the EGR could be my problem. I'll check on all that tomorrow. If I still have problems I'll repost.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

i.e. aluminum heads like on the cadilac northstar engines which are very famous for the problem of blowing the head gasket.. Try listening around if you hear any air hissing out around your head.

hehe, mine is pounded to hell and back almost 180K, walled built with 8 sheets of 4' by 8' 3/4" mdf, 80lbs batteries, 20" rims, and still breaks the tires loose on dry ground in 1st and 2nd gear...

My northstar must be special...

My non-northstar 4.5L v8 is another story......

Edited by Bangin Caddy

hehe, mine is pounded to hell and back almost 180K, walled built with 8 sheets of 4' by 8' 3/4" mdf, 80lbs batteries, 20" rims, and still breaks the tires loose on dry ground in 1st and 2nd gear...

My northstar must be special...

My non-northstar 4.5L v8 is another story......

One of my dads northstars blew a headgasket at 165k and his other caddy is at ~115-120k and no problems, pretty fast too.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

One of my dads northstars blew a headgasket at 165k and his other caddy is at ~115-120k and no problems, pretty fast too.

my royal purple fluids ftw then i guess. I got no probs with mine at all.

but my 4.5 in my eldo blue either a head gasket or intake gasket, which bars leak sealed up really good, but I have yet to get heat back in it and its my winter beater!! :(

Well since you just installed the MLA, thats prolly the reason. If you can bypass the module real quick to check if idle goes back down, youll know the module is the source. Not that its nessessarily a bad thing. i would adjust the idle screw, or maybe loosening the throttle cable a hair.

When you put a load on the engine, such as ''R'' or ''D'' the idle will drop some thats normal.

Not much to worry about imo

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

my royal purple fluids ftw then i guess. I got no probs with mine at all.

but my 4.5 in my eldo blue either a head gasket or intake gasket, which bars leak sealed up really good, but I have yet to get heat back in it and its my winter beater!! :(

royal purple oil BLOWS by the way.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I was going through your build, and in your build pics, you removed your air filter and air box.. when the idle problem started did you have it back on? --someone had to ask-- Also, your tps is (most of the time) adjustable, all you need is a dmm and a screwdriver in most cases.

Does it have problems starting in the morning, or after its cooled down? Does it idle surge at all? <-- I would clean the IACV in the intake mani with some brake clean.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

So I just installed my MLA module and put my battery back in the car. I started it up at the engine was pumpin at 2000RPM. I put it in Reverse and it idled normal again.

It only idles at 2000 in Park and Neutral. Everything else is fine.

I made sure it had nothing to do with the MLA by looping back and not going through it and it still does the same thing.

What could this be? Any help would be appreciated..

Obviously not anything to do directly with the Module. We make the harness assembly capable of isolating the module very simply. You were able to disconnect the module & test... the problem remained.

We hear things like this when vacuum lines get broken or left off during install on our product. Or relays knocked loose, fuses left out... the list goes on & on.

The P0401 code is an EGR failure. It might be any one of the following causing that code:

EGR solenoid vacuum supply

EGR Valve operation

Fused ignition output circuit open

EGR solenoid control circuit shorted to voltage

EGR solenoid control circuit open

EGR solenoid control circuit shorted to ground

EGR solenoid failed (open)

EGR valve stuck in position

Replacing the EGR may fix the problem, or it may not.

Your PT Cruiser uses Speed/Density EFI. This means that fuel is delivered based on input from the MAP sensor, TPS and engine speed.

ANY vacuum leak on a S/D vehicle can increase idle speeds. Depending on the throttle plate setting, the IAC may not be able to compensate for a vacuum leak in neutral - but once in gear the additional load pulls the idle into line.

You should look for a cracked or dangling vacuum line first. the fact that you have a P0401 code would make me look at the EGR vacuum circuit first. You may have displaced a line far enough to open a latent crack when installing the module.

Hope this helps.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...