Wiring Multiple Led's

just placing them in random places, like a few under each seat, and in each speaker place, just for a lil somethin...just wanna play around with them...i saw one guy do it this way with about 20 leds, just took all the power cables and soldered them to the positive end of a toggle switch then put the ground in normal places...is that not a good way to do it?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

just placing them in random places, like a few under each seat, and in each speaker place, just for a lil somethin...just wanna play around with them...i saw one guy do it this way with about 20 leds, just took all the power cables and soldered them to the positive end of a toggle switch then put the ground in normal places...is that not a good way to do it?

You could do that, but you need to make sure that you have a proper resistor in series with the LED. Either 1 resistor for each LED or 1 resistor for the array, but they need to be the proper value. The previous link can help you determine that. But since they will be all over the place, it just may be easier to get the LED's from the link I gave to the ebay store, he will give you the resistors for free. Just take 1 LED and 1 resistor, solder the resistor to the LED and then run your wires as you said to the switch and ground. Should work fine.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

the oznium website used to have a forum and a tutorial section on there.... When I had my scion, I think I had about 30 or so wired in series off of one switch. they draw so little current that it it wont hurt them ....

go here:

oznium tutorial

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

ya they dont draw hardly anything.....but ive never been a fan of running any electronics directly thru the toggle.

if you do use a relay you only need 1 and they cost between 3 and 5 bucks.

xmas lights in your instrutment cluster? damn thats teh ghetto :D :D sorry even if it works, i still had to say it :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

^^^^

I'm with Steve on this, you need a relay. Even though yes you could just wire them to a toggle switch. The right way to do it is with a relay. Some toggles are cheap and can't take much current. So do it the right way. Every Autoparts/ Walmart / and most liquor grocery stores will have them. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thanks guys!!! what all do i need with the relay? im still a bit fuzy on what exactly to do....do i just wire all my led's to the relay? and where do i put the resistor, in line between the pos or neg side? thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You could do that, but you need to make sure that you have a proper resistor in series with the LED. Either 1 resistor for each LED or 1 resistor for the array, but they need to be the proper value. The previous link can help you determine that. But since they will be all over the place, it just may be easier to get the LED's from the link I gave to the ebay store, he will give you the resistors for free. Just take 1 LED and 1 resistor, solder the resistor to the LED and then run your wires as you said to the switch and ground. Should work fine.

They are prewired for 12v no resistors needed

thanks guys!!! what all do i need with the relay? im still a bit fuzy on what exactly to do....do i just wire all my led's to the relay? and where do i put the resistor, in line between the pos or neg side? thanks

you dont need any resistor just + to +, and - to -. On a relay you will have 5 pins (some have 4)

85 is 12v

86 is ground

87 is for your + lead going to all your leds ( just ground the - lead going to all your leds.

87a ( not used)

30 is your source (+12v)

When you are wiring up a switch just put the switch on either the 85 or 86 wire.

Edited by Stephen_C
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

85 is 12v

86 is ground

87 is for your + lead going to all your leds ( just ground the - lead going to all your leds.

30 is your source (+12v)

When you are wiring up a switch just cut the wire in half for either the 85 or 86 wire and put 1 side of the wire on the 2 switch terminals.

and i can put as many as i want on 1 relay, or do i need multiple relays?

it sounds easy enough

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

standard relay is 30 or 40 amps. If i had to guess i would say the led's your using only draw about ~25ma of current. you could have 1200 leds before you get near 30 amps.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

standard relay is 30 or 40 amps. If i had to guess i would say the led's your using only draw about ~25ma of current. you could have 1200 leds before you get near 30 amps.

wow ok thanks, 1 relay and 15 leds should be cool..:) thanks guys

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg