So Does Anyone Think This Is A Good Setup?

i'm sorry, but let me get this right. you intend to power a 300 watt 4 channel amp and a 1600-2000 watt monoblock amp, all off a 145 watt PSU?

goodluck.

145 PSU = 145 watts. period. unless you have defied physics and created energy from nothing.

I had a 750 watt PSU running a 500watt rms amplifier to 2 8" subs. it just about killed my house. i would run it for an hour a day tops, and after the first month i got rid of it. my electrical bill jumped significantly and my lights that were on the same breaker would flicker with the bass. and this was just 500 watts.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

not to put u down but wont the magnetic interference with the monitor cause it to take a shit? when i had a set of 15's in the floor hardly close to my tv it started gettin blurry, i unno bout the new'er tv's/monitors but ied atleast get a set of "shelded" highs that are gunna be close to monitor so it wont fuk up on u, and for subs ied do a sealed downfire box, worked best for me, and does get really loud, make it about 3'' from floor and ur good to go

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

n not to sound liek an ass but my logitech 5.1 sounds killer for $80 and has some great beat to it and gets really loud to, but experimenting is koo to i do it myself lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yea actually it will mes with the monitor. i say just get a nice home audio system and be done with it. dont waste time or money on the other stuff

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

x2 on the current draw. that's gonna take a lot to power that properly. i'd just do it right and get some speakers that were made for it. i plan on adding a lil more bass to my setup (PC speakers btw...which werent expensive and sound amazing) but i'm only going to add a 200 watt 8" sub to mine and that's it

x3 that psu will choke. just do some home audio speakers and amps instead of trying to rig up car audio

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Add me to the list... no way the PSU is gonna be able to power that. Would be better off getting a dedicated 12v power supply.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Actually I am noticing a new trend related to this. There's a couple of guys on youtube with 2 even 4 subs running off of there computer as a source. The amps used vary from 120volt home or pro audio to actual car audio amps with huge 12volt supplies. I guess if thats what they like so be it. It might be cool to play Call of Duty 4-5 with some crazy bass so when explosions happen you might blow your bedroom window out! Or better yet people can start making vids showing there bedroom window flexxin! lol

You can get incredible amounts of accurate deep bass one 1 of these. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099395911174

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 3 weeks later...

lol. okay, okay. let me fix this all now

1. i'm no longer gonna do that. i'm just gonna get 5 new sets of the roadmasters to make it 10 mids and get a 3 channel down the road for the other 5 durabrand highs. it'll still be running off the PSU and Amp i had listed.

2. if i was still gonna do that setup, i would NOT be using the same PSU. i would upgrade the PSU and probably go with a 800 or so PSU.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300