Two Solox 10s And A Ss10000d = 150.6 Good?

daddy_j

you must remember once your up in the 150 range its not easy at all to gain a db or 2 like you say and another thing is you cant cheap out on things like if your doing the crx style fart box 3 4" aeros or 1 6" aero are what you need not normal ass pvc... also you might wanna post up some pics of your box like i'm sure if you rounded over your box and resined in some 45s you'd gain not a DB but maybe .2-.4 here and there and it all adds up also if you have a TL find what your car likes move the box an inch up or angle it or somthing like that just test and test and test some more also read this

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=30967

i also sent you a link to a build steve did for some guy with 2 12" trf subs in a crx and it pretty much showed what you need to do....... hope this helps and sorry if i've offended you

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

that last 1 you linked said it was 3 18" re SXs

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I started with this. it was around 147dbs.

Posted Image

Then to this 148dbs.

Posted Image

then with the termlab and moving the box around and cutting the port 1 inch at time and remetering it, and cutting some more and more metering it I came up with this, its now at 150.6dbs. No more money invested just time.

Posted Image

the ports are 10 inches from the back of the hatch. and tuned to 65 hz. The boxes are 1 foot cubed after displacement. and the ports are 4" round by 7in long all but 3/4 of the port is on the out side of the box. No port in the box. I tried every hz from 40 to 70hz, and my car loved 65hz the most. and my car was the loudest where the subs are and where the ports are and their length. I will be adding the actual aero part to the end of my port and retest everything on Friday. Thats when I get them in UPS. I have a comp on Sunday, and loudest in stock, pro strock, mod win money. At the moment the only ones that have beaten me locally, are either sponcored or run +16volts, so I should win with my 150.6dbs. Hopefully the aero port tips gain me a little. Shoot I'll take .4dbs. LOL. I have a HO250amp Alternator for a mustand that I am trying to get brackets built for my car so I can use it, but no luck so far.

Are my goals of 155dbs realistic without spending major cash?

2 4" per box would have been nice too

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived