New Alpine Head-unit

Alpine did a good job with their head units this year...They look awesome!

However it's getting harder and harder to compete with the OEM head units that come in the new cars today.

For example Chrysler/Dodge has the MyGig hard drive built into the navi piece!

it does have a cd player look on the specs WMA/MP3

The iDA-X001 is a Media headunit, it was built around the ipod. It has NO cd player. WMA/MP3 are not cd's, It is a type of audio format... I mess around with that hu all the time at my buddys shop, and always charge my ipod from it because I dont have any cables for it.

Its a great hu for $340.00 its hard to explain but its the only alpine hu that you can be playing a song from your ipod, and constantly be browsing for your next song you want to play (while the other song is still playing). Its all in real time, so as fast as you could manually search through your ipod for a song is as fast as you can search for it on your headunit.

It also comes with the cables to hook up your ipod too it, you dont need to buy an additional ipod kit for it like other hu's.

There is only 1 flaw I dislike about it, and that is the detachable face, only the left side of the face detaches, the part with the screen does not come off, but thats not too big of a deal really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...