Please read the first post before voting.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360

The topic says it all. I'll be getting one in the very near future (like in the next few days) and want to know which I should get.

Playstation:

-Blu-Ray

-Quiet operation

-Generally regarded as a better media center

-Built in wireless

-Poor online (though its free)

Xbox:

-Wider selection of games in my genres

-MUCH better online setup (for $50 a year)

-(though it's been fixed) RROD

-Needs a wireless adaptor

I'm not particularly worried about the thing Red Ringing, especially since Microsoft has fixed it. If that's the reason behind voting for the PS3, please don't.

I'm kinda torn between the two. The Xbox has a better online experience but it costs, doesn't have wireless capabilities built in (so I would have to move my router). The PlayStation 3 makes it an easier to access online experience, but it is difficult to compete with XBL.

They both have their pros and cons, and I could honestly see myself getting either one and being happy, I just don't know which one to get. The one that would handle all my entertainment needs, or the one that will provide a better gaming experience.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

PS3 for me. I use it to do everything! Stream music, moviesand television shows from my pc, watch Blu-Ray movies, play games (has more games that appeal to me than the Xbox 360), use it to browse the internet from time to time.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

I really think its more about which game appeal to you more. The only game I like that is PS3 only is the gran turismo games but there are at least 10 360 only games that I like so I went with the 360

360 ftw have had my 360 since it came it out. Just bought a ps3 and that was for only one game MLB 09 the Show since they don't make it on the xbox

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

i have both, mainly cuz of the RPGs on the PS1/2/3 that i like, so i can play it on there, and 360 for the XBL!

*edit* if you decide to go with PS3, get the 60 gig, it plays every ps1/2 game.. its full backwords compatable

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

If your a social gamer then Xbox360

I only own a 360 so I can give you the pros to it.

*Huge online community

*Large game library

*Gets everything before PS3(I.E. demos)

*Steals Exlusives from PS3 I.E. Final Fantasy 13

*Lots of prizes

*Game with Fame(I played Rock Band with Tenacious D)

*Usually less laggy online

*You dont have to use your credit card to purchase online content(buy point cards from Wal-Mart,Gamestop,Gamecrazy,etc...)

Cons

*RROD if you have an old Xbox360

*50 dollars a year for LIVE(but you get what you pay for)

*On some games there is more little kids, than there would be on PS3

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived