Building A Badass Pc, Ideas Please

dude, do some research bfore saying something like that.

also, my 4870x2 is a dual gpu card and its performance is incredible.

Do YOUR research and you will see what I am talking about

and it has 40 more cores on it and it 400mhz faster, OC dat bitch.

and anyone who likes ati can jump off a bridge, fuck their cards and drivers

do you really think I would buy a graphics card I have heard so much bad shit about? fugetaboutit

do you really think I would buy a graphics card I have heard so much bad shit about? fugetaboutit

chill.......... Take your nvidia fanboism and move on. Both companies offer incredible cards for the dollar now, both side will ALWAYS HAVE DRIVER ISSUES, just comes with the territory, you know what I mean! What has "40 more cores" the 280/285 compared to the 260/275/295....big deal, and get it right, it NOT 40 CORES, its 24. If you think that makes a big difference, you need to start looking at benchies. The main difference between the 2 is the memory bus. 512bit compaired to 448bit. Both of which are VERY LARGE, and will supply enough bandwidth as needed really. ATi actually has the "more efficient" design IMO, 256bit bus, spread over with DDR5 ram. MUCH MUCH cheaper to implement, and scales extremely well, nearing NV TBH! So let me guess, your going to argue with me know right? I've been in this game MUCH longer then you, I know "hardware" to the point where I use to test for certain websites, come on bro, enough already.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

ATI/AMD have better designs now than nvidia. Who wouldn't if they had one of the biggest chip producers on their side. On paper ATI's hardware should be faster, but their lack of better drivers, updates, make all that go to waste imo... I wish they handled their drivers similarly to nvidia.

777319156.png

ATI/AMD have better designs now than nvidia. Who wouldn't if they had one of the biggest chip producers on their side. On paper ATI's hardware should be faster, but their lack of better drivers, updates, make all that go to waste imo... I wish they handled their drivers similarly to nvidia.

I wouldn't say "BETTER" really, but more "efficient!"

Well it's just my opinion. For some builds i go nvidia others i go with ati, just whats good out in the market. Better designs lead to more efficency in the product, whether it is making the die smaller, using better memory, remember the days of the 2000 series... Those were FREAKING power hogs!!! Their cards have improved big time!

777319156.png

Well it's just my opinion. For some builds i go nvidia others i go with ati, just whats good out in the market. Better designs lead to more efficency in the product, whether it is making the die smaller, using better memory, remember the days of the 2000 series... Those were FREAKING power hogs!!! Their cards have improved big time!

I had the 2900XTX's in x-fire back about 2-3 years ago. You are correct, VERY VERY POWER HUNGRY, and hot running bitches. They has ATi first real 512bit bus (Ring Bus) and there bandwidth was crazy fast. All that card was good for was BENCHIES, gaming wise, they sucked balls. I got over 20k on 3dmark06 with those puppies, hell I was damn near the top of the charts back then......

I had the 2900XTX's in x-fire back about 2-3 years ago. You are correct, VERY VERY POWER HUNGRY, and hot running bitches. They has ATi first real 512bit bus (Ring Bus) and there bandwidth was crazy fast. All that card was good for was BENCHIES, gaming wise, they sucked balls. I got over 20k on 3dmark06 with those puppies, hell I was damn near the top of the charts back then......

3dmark wont run on my system. some openal error comes up and i havent been able to fix it.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I'm running an ATI/Sapphire 4890 on air cooling with Omega drivers. It happily gets to 950MHz/1250MHz with it's stock cooler. When I rarely decide to play Gary's Mod, it works fine. All I want it to do.

And I don't like bridges.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

• 3 weeks later...

Make that two 4890's in CrossfireX..Oh lawdy, speed, power consumption and fps a-plenty

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Hey newsl1, those HHD's look very interesting. The Western Digital one you linked to is a 2TB, and it said they might go for $300......

So then I remembered that I saw them on the OCZ site. I went and got the model numbers for their 1TB unit, then checked the price on Amazon...... $2600 !!! WTF !!!! Why such a rediculously huge discrepancy in price ? I mean, the OCZ one was prettier and all..... But not $2300 prettier !

Fish

Also, you should have waited on the HDD purchase. WD is coming out with these BEASTS which have 64mb ram cache, and I believe each 2TB drive operates on a raid0 internally. Holy shit that would be a fast single HDD. Put 3 of these together, and shit would be smoking fast. ( http://www.techpowerup.com/97412/WD_Caviar...he_Spotted.html )

Archived