AI James Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 Serious? What sites are even authorized than? Because more sites I go to offer warranties, so I don't get how they couldn't be authorizedthey just replace it with other sotck they have
cunokyle Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 Serious? What sites are even authorized than? Because more sites I go to offer warranties, so I don't get how they couldn't be authorizedAlmost every online site I have ever seen offer a warranty. it may not be the manufacturer warranty, but they stand behind the warranty they offer in almost all cases I have ever encountered. The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs (if you stand too close) When the monster hums
Haydog17 Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 Almost every online site I have ever seen offer a warranty. it may not be the manufacturer warranty, but they stand behind the warranty they offer in almost all cases I have ever encountered.I see, well not to sound mean to all audio shops out there, but I would be stupid not to buy online right now. *I have no big audio shops by me except for Best Buy. We had audio king, but than was bought out by ultimate electronics and that place went to poop*. I could go buy all the speakers/woofers for around 1000-1500 dollars and have a friend install it for 50-100 bucks, or go to best buy and pay double the price and pay even more for installation.
Hotdog Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 There use to be a shop in my area.. and I always bought my stuff from there. The owner was a great guy and I was a good customer. He knew I would be back there for he would always give me a pretty good deal. I recommended to all my friends that they do all there shopping there because they knew what they were doing. I knew all the sales staff and tech's. If your equipment was out of warranty they had a tech on hand to repair it and they would warranty that product in store for a reasonable price. The store got sold to one of the installers that worked at the store for 15+ years, but the dealers would not extend him enough credit to carry the product to keep his store running. Now that the store is gone I have no where else in my area to go to, other then Best Buy and I will never shop at Best Buy again because of bad personal experiences there. Recently I have done all my purchases online because money is tight right now. To save cost some of the equipment was used but I know how to hook this stuff up thanks to the local shop I use to go to all the time. Now if there were a Shop in my area as good as the one I use to go to I would buy from them....definitely There is actually a shop about 70 miles away.. I actually searched for Authorized sellers in my area before shopping online.. I don't want to drive 70 miles each time I want to buy something. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
FreelandKustomz Posted June 27, 2009 Author Report Posted June 27, 2009 If your in the boonies i understand the buying online. Its the guys who just choose to avoid shops from the fear of high prices. And 95 percent of shops are out to make a rediculous profit margin off you which is most unfortunte. Internet sites selling stuff at what shops are paying for product is just not fair. The world is built on mark up. No they are not sending back more stock. most are distrubutors who are back door selling. thats the only way that someone can even get something cheaper than a shop. They may give you what THEY have but just go to their back door buddy and say "hey man warranty this for me". Its just sneaky sneaky sneaky shit. 2 guys selling to the world. 3 - 6 guys running a car audio shop in a town of 50,000 people............6 pay checks, one paycheck? you see where im goin here?
Sable Nave Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 When I bought my Kicker DS680's from a local shop for $99, I felt like I was getting fucked in the ass. Then when I saw my Dynamat was $99 there and only $40 online, I realized how I am not buying from there anymore. I know they have overhead and shit to deal with, but thats ridiculous... Car 1996 Sable LS 8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4 Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001 Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro Stock 130A Alternator My Build Truck 1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT 10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F Truck Build Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman [speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it [capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes [KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me
micahmye Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 This topic has been a really good read. Ray, James, and David you all make very good points. I just thought of Knu Konceptz and how they sell all their own wire on eBay, I wonder if the issues mentioned in this topic are the reason for this. "The Pimp Van" Build "The Pimp Van" Rebuild Youtube Photobucket Feedback For Sale
ben29555 Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 its messed up that so much business is lost because of the ebay sellers and whatnot but most people are going to buy for the cheaper price on the internet regardless of warentee and customer service because 75% of the time when you buy a new product nothing will go wrong with it. so people will go for cheaper price over warentee. personally i don't even like going to the shop in my town any more. bought an amp had no problems the owner was cool and got me what i needed. so i continued to go back but the prices on most thing are way over priced like 25$ for a 4 awg fuse holder. and the lady that works their like responds to me like i have no idea what im talking about. like when i asked about and audioque amp she just looked at me funny and said that i must be off brand because she never head of it. so basicly what im getting at is that its easier to order exactly what you want online that to have to go to shops and some timess deal with people acting funny to you My Build Log loud bass songs
Haydog17 Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 If your in the boonies i understand the buying online. Its the guys who just choose to avoid shops from the fear of high prices. And 95 percent of shops are out to make a rediculous profit margin off you which is most unfortunte. Internet sites selling stuff at what shops are paying for product is just not fair. The world is built on mark up. No they are not sending back more stock. most are distrubutors who are back door selling. thats the only way that someone can even get something cheaper than a shop. They may give you what THEY have but just go to their back door buddy and say "hey man warranty this for me". Its just sneaky sneaky sneaky shit. 2 guys selling to the world. 3 - 6 guys running a car audio shop in a town of 50,000 people............6 pay checks, one paycheck? you see where im goin here? Nah man I see exactly what your saying. I live near a city with about 50,000 people or so which is about a 10 minute drive, but honestly all audio shops are gone except for Best Buy. *This was before the recession*. Best Buy from what I hear is over priced and unreliable. I don't even look at there products. Plus I'm kid trying to save money right now, so buying online from a reliable source is better off for me than buying over priced stereos from Best Buy. *Honestly, 130-150 bucks for a p2 rockford fosgate???* And besides Rockford which is a great stereo company, they sell the crappy overpriced Bose. Bose is not what I'm looking for. Bose is the reason why I'm looking at getting a aftermarket system. I was going to get the upgraded stock system in the 10 mazda 3 which is roughly 1400-1500 dollars, but I found out how crappy and overpriced Bose was that I just said, lets take that 1500 dollars and buy aftermarket stuff which will sound 100x times better.
Crump Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 I love my local shop, theres a couple shady ones in town, but i always refer people to the one i go to. They will work with you and try to help you out with any ?'s you have. I was trying to put a H/U in my thunderbird and i was having problem tucking the wires back, (if you have one YOU KNOW) (its a 95) and i prob went to the shop about 5 times that day. Each time they were more then welcome to help, and I always buy my wiring from them, i got about 17 ft of 1/0 guage stinger power and some ring terminals for 50 bucks. less than 3 bucks a foot for the win Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.