mtx jackhammer 24 inch square vs. btl 18

I'm sorry what? haha I was distracted by your avatar again, huh? haha.

There used to be a post with a jackhammer build and tests over on Term Pro, but I dont feel like going to search for it.

:) I was saying the jackhammers cone is to heavy and it can't handle enough power to move it correctly so it would suck for spl

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

:) I was saying the jackhammers cone is to heavy and it can't handle enough power to move it correctly so it would suck for spl

I know, I was just trying to look down her shirt again, hehe sorry.

But yup, thats it.

BTW, I uses a T3 sub as example cause thats what I know most about.

but if 18" BTL > 12" TSS

and

12" TSS > 22" jack slap

then

18" BTL ? 22" jack slap

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I think people are misinformed here or are posting with lack of knowledge.

A couple big time dB Drag competitors have done builds and tests with Jackhammers.

The best results were just over 150 dB with 1 sub in a wall, 4th order band pass in an Astrovan with 10kw.

I have seen 1 sub walled setups with 18s do over 160 dB. (Not BTLs)

The jackhammer is super INefficient, heavy cone, heavy coil, stiff suspension. It is actually a very bad sub for SPL.

Then take a sub like a 12" T3 TSS. Lightweight cone, light coil, suspension designed to move freely.

This sub has a greater potential to get loud over the jackhammer regardless of cone area.

The sub itself is better designed for higher numbers and also there is more room to work with to design a proper enclosure.

Who cares about RMS ratings,

2500w to a 12" TSS = bigger number than 10,000w to a 22" turd.

or any good 12" for that matter.

i repect u ed so ima ask u some questions

do have any documentation of these builds? cuz i just wanna see em cuz i think they will be cool

beyond that, 150db is not a small number. its a very repectable number for a single sub, regardless of size.

im just saying that the sub is not crap. sure completely pointless, waaay too big and power hungry but not complete crap. people talk as if they can buy a sub from walmart and be louder. not true.

and ur evidence of the TSS being louder only improves that point. the TSS is a very well built and quality sub.

u get wut im sayin? the sub isnt as good as it could be and it is by no means a savior of car audio but it isnt udder shit like people say

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i repect u ed so ima ask u some questions

do have any documentation of these builds? cuz i just wanna see em cuz i think they will be cool

beyond that, 150db is not a small number. its a very repectable number for a single sub, regardless of size.

im just saying that the sub is not crap. sure completely pointless, waaay too big and power hungry but not complete crap. people talk as if they can buy a sub from walmart and be louder. not true.

and ur evidence of the TSS being louder only improves that point. the TSS is a very well built and quality sub.

u get wut im sayin? the sub isnt as good as it could be and it is by no means a savior of car audio but it isnt udder shit like people say

Yes, I did mention that there are build threads on term pro with the jackhammers. They must of been within a year or 2, but I dont wanna get into searching now, I am leaving in 5 minutes.

There are many instances of people doing mid to high 150s even in street class with 1 sub.

Look at Ray Farmer in dB Drag with a certified 155dB with a single 12" DD99Z in street B.

The thing is, a DD99Z was designed to do that, a jack hammer was not.

A jackhammer can get loud and sound good going low, but it is just not meant for high numbers.

There is a use for it in demo cars that wanna show off and make some loud low notes, but there is no place for it in the competition lanes.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

LOL....I have this funny feeling that the Kicker SoloX would handle this jackhammer sub let alone a Fi BTL.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

There is a MTX rep in my area that has a pinto with the typical jackhammer / thunder 8500 combo you seem to see in every MTX install.

I was privileged enough to get a demo in this car...I will say it was the most disappointing demo I have ever had.....it didn’t get low like I thought it would and the output was no more than a buddies truck with 4 L7 12's sealed with a zx2500.1. (The jackhammer was running 8000 RMS according to the rep).

During the demo, I’m guessing the guy that was playing it could tell that I was unimpressed so the excuses started flying..... It’s a burnt disc... this song doesn’t go low enough for this sub.....ECT...

So I went and got an original copy of quad maximus and had him play it... what a fart machine when it tried to replay the lows. It really couldn’t handle them...

It was in an enclosure equivalent to the redicuously overpriced box MTX sells for it...

So as far as I'm concerned based on the price vs. performance of the jackhammer... it is a BIG piece of shit...

Right from their site it says the 22" jackhammer has a 900 ounce magnet on a 369 lb sub...

So that’s 56.25 lbs of magnet... that leaves 312 lbs of basket and cone..... Really needed? its only like that so they can say they have a 369 lb sub, I guess for the price they charge at least you can get a good chunk back in money from the scrap yard with all that wasted material...

End of rant... lol

Here you can see the jackhammer hit 153dB in a prefab box.(dunno how much power.)

The jackhammer has 2 different cones, a SPL cone and a daily cone(?).

i think the SPL cone is lighter, for more SPl, and the more heavy cone is for lower tones.

In the MTX truck, the box really sucks, it has a really tiny port.(if it's a port)

And the box is really weak, you can see the plexiglass flex.(and it's a low quality cam.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

yeah, the fact that that score can be beaten by 4 dB by a single 12" in a non wall, doesnt do much to prove anything to the haters.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist