Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just started lifting weights again 2 months ago, first time in 4 years, aka 13 years old, almost 14 lol. 2 months ago, I was benching 95. LMFAO.

Currently:

6'1", 145 lbs.

Max Bench: 185 (Laying on my chest, 1/1000, then lift).

Max Squat: 315 (Completely parallel).

Max dead lift: 360 (Did 5 reps, not just 1).

My upper legs are my definite strong point. They are far more ripped than any other part of my body, probably the indian blood in me. :)

Lift for 1 hour during weight lifting class 5 times a week. After I graduate in May, I am gonna be getting a gym membership. Looking to do an hour in a half arms 1 day, next day hour in a half legs, next day cardio. Then rest a day, do it again. Probably gonna keep doing 50 push ups and 150 sit ups every morning tho.

Edit: Going to also start working on eating healthier, right now I have improved drastically and I still eat 4000 calories a day, lmao. Metabolism is insane.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Posted

I was only at the show Tuesday and Wednesday. Met up with Meade and Ray (and his wife) with a few other people Tuesday night. That night lasted until 7am Wednesday...then I had meetings all day...I'm not sure how effective I was, but I got the deals we wanted, so I couldn't have been TOO bad off.

I'm going to work my legs as if there's nothing wrong with them, and hope that the only issue is natural shock absorption. If that's the case this was a success. I still get pain when I go into sudden cold (like the frozen food section at the grocery store), but that's to be expected. I should be fine, as long as I wear my brace, to keep it warm, and don't bend it in the wrong direction. I'm all in on this from here on out.

Oddly, I've lost weight..I'm down to 185, and my waist is down to 32". I look better now than I did a few months ago. Slimmed down some, but I've lost mass in my legs, chest and back...my arms are down to 15" from 16". It won't take long to get back to 200...I'm hoping I can use this to slingshot up to 220 within 6 months...have a trip to Maui in June, and I want to be perfect for the trip.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Posted

Update - got a synthetic injection in my knee...feeling tons better. Didn't even have pain from walking CES. I'm back to the gym this month. If it blows out it blows out. I'm going to pretend I'm 17 again like there's nothing wrong.

SLOW DOWN Jay, my english isn´t good enough to tell, we have a orthopedic handcraftshop,

damaged knees are staff of life in this branch.

Slow down, you are not a sportstar who can make millions with his knee´s,

don´t risk your physical health.

It isn´t it worth, to life with a damaged knee for the rest of the life, in case of weightlifting.

If you need sport´s for you´r mental and body balance, look out for something where you

have no or less force on the knee´s.

Take this guess right, better than to be crippled for rest of life.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Posted

Hey guys, I could use some help. So fresh out of highschool and varsity cross country, I ended up being 6'1" 135lbs. Since I was not trying to pursue running professionally, I knew i wanted to do something about my upper body! This became my workouts and most days my schedule...

Day one:

-Curls 10/8/6

-Preachers 10/8/6

-21s 2 sets

-Close grip bench 10/8/6

-Skull crushers 10/10/10

-Cable pulldowns 10/10/10

Day two:

-Bench 10/8/6

-Dumbell bench 10/8/6

-Flys 10/8/6

Day three:

Shoulder lifts 10/10/10

Dumbell shoulder press 10/8/6

Shoulder machine 10/8/6

Day four:

-Lat pull down 10/8/6

-Lawn mowers 10/10/10

-Pull ups...three sets of dying out

Day five:

Squat 10/8/6

Leg press 10/8/6

Weighted lunges 10/8/6

8:30 3 whole eggs, 2 bacon, water, 1 cup of coffee optional no cream or sugar

10:30 6-8oz chicken breast, BIG green salad with olive oil dressing

11:30 Workout

1:00 50grams whey protein with either a banana or 2-3 cups watermelon

2:00 Big sandwich, maybe two. Lean cuts of meat and load up the veggies

6:00 Carbs and saturated fat for this meal. Burger and fries baby.

Before bed 2 cups cottage cheese OR a scoop of protein and 2 tablespoons of any nut butter(organic)

In around 3 months, I got to 152lbs! I was feeling much better about myself and my added muscle.

However, it seems as if I hit a wall. Im almost to my 5th month and I cant seem to add anymore weight to my reps, or put on any more pounds.

Any suggestions?

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

Hey guys, I could use some help. So fresh out of highschool and varsity cross country, I ended up being 6'1" 135lbs. Since I was not trying to pursue running professionally, I knew i wanted to do something about my upper body! This became my workouts and most days my schedule...

Day one:

-Curls 10/8/6

-Preachers 10/8/6

-21s 2 sets

-Close grip bench 10/8/6

-Skull crushers 10/10/10

-Cable pulldowns 10/10/10

Day two:

-Bench 10/8/6

-Dumbell bench 10/8/6

-Flys 10/8/6

Day three:

Shoulder lifts 10/10/10

Dumbell shoulder press 10/8/6

Shoulder machine 10/8/6

Day four:

-Lat pull down 10/8/6

-Lawn mowers 10/10/10

-Pull ups...three sets of dying out

Day five:

Squat 10/8/6

Leg press 10/8/6

Weighted lunges 10/8/6

8:30 3 whole eggs, 2 bacon, water, 1 cup of coffee optional no cream or sugar

10:30 6-8oz chicken breast, BIG green salad with olive oil dressing

11:30 Workout

1:00 50grams whey protein with either a banana or 2-3 cups watermelon

2:00 Big sandwich, maybe two. Lean cuts of meat and load up the veggies

6:00 Carbs and saturated fat for this meal. Burger and fries baby.

Before bed 2 cups cottage cheese OR a scoop of protein and 2 tablespoons of any nut butter(organic)

In around 3 months, I got to 152lbs! I was feeling much better about myself and my added muscle.

However, it seems as if I hit a wall. Im almost to my 5th month and I cant seem to add anymore weight to my reps, or put on any more pounds.

Any suggestions?

That diet plan looks mighty familiar :peepwall:

Just change up the days you work the muscle groups. Try doing Legs on monday, chest on tuesday, off day wed, back thursday, shoulders friday, arms saturday.

On arm day, try supersets; barbell curls superset(ss) with skull crushers, alt. DB curls ss with dips or dip machine, and high double cable curls ss with cable pressdowns.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

That diet plan looks mighty familiar :peepwall:

Just change up the days you work the muscle groups. Try doing Legs on monday, chest on tuesday, off day wed, back thursday, shoulders friday, arms saturday.

On arm day, try supersets; barbell curls superset(ss) with skull crushers, alt. DB curls ss with dips or dip machine, and high double cable curls ss with cable pressdowns.

Haha yeah thanks man!

Alright ill do that and see how it works, i appreciate it

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

Well a new mma gym opened up in town and is cheaper than everywhere else so i bit the bullet and signed up $30 a month has a sauna and hot tub bags training floor and everything else a snap fitness has. weight is up to 136-140. First day will be monday.

Goals 225x1 barbell bench

315x10 deadlift

maintain my %10 body fat

get to 150 for weight

all that by 2013

edit: lol @ avater orion

Posted

Got my plan set, starting tomorrow. Monday legs, Tuesday chest and tri's, Thursday back and bi's, Friday shoulders and calves. 3-5 exercises per bodypart, 4 sets of 10 each. 90 seconds between sets. Staring weight is 268, but i'll recheck that when I wake up for the official number. Supp's are ordered and should be here just as I hit my stride.

Diet will be 90% clean, and 4000-5000 calories daily. I may add morning cardio if I don't see composition changes as fast as I would like. Looking to add a shit-ton of muscle mass, while burning fat as energy in the place of carbs.

:woot: :woot:

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Ok guys I have an issue. I started my 12 week plan today and it was going fine. I was still on the first workout, leg press. I did three warm up sets and I was on my third and final working set. I pushed harder than ever. I let the weights down and BAM! The absolute worst headeache of my life! Like throbbing, pressure, I couldnt open my eyes for five minutes. I knew I couldn't continue and I layed down for ten minutes and headed back to my dorm. My workout partner was with me the whole time thankfully cause I didn't know how serious it was and walking was kind of a challenge. Now its down to just a headache and my neck is stiff so I dont think I popped a blood vessel or anything.

This isn't the first time I have had a headache but it has never been this bad. Normally they just last a few seconds and I can continue. I believe I was well hydrated, I had my gallon with me. I think I was breathing ok during the reps. I had chicken and rice maybe two hours before. Thirty minutes before I took my ON protein but I also had a sample pack of C4 from bodybuilding.com and I used that too. I have never used creatine or anything before so I dont know if that contributed.

What should I do? Do I stop lifting for the week and restart the 12 week program next week? Im kinda OCD and it would kill me to restart the program halfway through the week and miss some workouts.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

Whats your BP like? When you lift, it goes up, so if it starts high already, it could get really high and cause the headache. COULD be a blood vessel from straining on that final press. Make sure you don't hold your breath, BLOW your air out as you press and deep breath in as you lower it.

Take it easy today, and see if you feel better tomorrow. If your gonna miss a few workouts, just take the whole week off and start again next Monday.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2155 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...