Weightlifting/ Workout

Do you guys know any good cardio routines? I started going to the gym mornings to do cardio and go back in the afternoon to do strength training.

I'm lookin to lose as much body fat as I can and still keep some muscle

what's your diet look like?

I haven't sat

down and made a meal plan yet, I know diet is more important then my work outs.

Right now I know I'm burning more calories then I'm putting in because I woke up last night just to eat an apple

I plan on having a high protein/ low fat diet, as for carbs idk if I should have a low carb diet or just consume a normal amount due to working out twice a day

TBH, without knowing much about goals and your physique/build.... Seriously, prep some meals in advance and cook them as needed... Also, try not to eat after say 7:30-8:00PM ... Just some suggestions....

But if you don't eat a large enough meal your body will eat your muscle over night if it gets too "hungry" for an energy source and if you're really low on carbs or calories.

Make sure you have some form of energy to use overnight. just in case.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Damn thats a great price for golds! The one near me is ridiculous, like $100 a month ridiculous...but maybe thats month to month not contract? I'll have to look into that again.

Anyways, can anyone recommend a good "budget" mass gainer? One of the high calorie high protein powders that I can use to supplement my food intake. Right now I am simply not eating enough to make and keep the gains I am looking for and I figure supplementing the amount I am eating right now will help alot.

Most of the ones I see are like $40 but have very few servings. So does anyone know of one that is inexpensive but still delivers?

I don't have an answer that is straight forward but "MASS GAINERS" will end up costing you more than getting the food you need to intake in the first place.... I'd say get on some higher fat/protein diet food wise.... beef/steaks/chicken/turkey/sausage ....maybe even bacon but I'm not totally sure there is a defined answer without first re-evaluating food first.... Like I said you'll spend a ton more money for supplements that can replace a great diet.... IMO .

Pretty much what I am doing now, I am already eating about 3.5-4000 calories a day but I need to be closer to 5k. I simply don't have time for more on a regular basis. Pretty much stuck in the 203 to 205 weight range and cant seem to get past that, whenever my weight hits the 205 mark i get busy and my diet suffers and my body goes to town using up the gains for energy lol. The supplements would make it easier to pull off with a busy schedule is my theory at least

Team NorthWestSPL

I'm not gonna quote everything, but I got some things to address.

1. If you are doing 5x5 every other day on bench, you either aren't going heavy enough, or you aren't doing any accessory work. Here is what a sample 5x5(@225) bench workout should look like:

Bench Press

1x10x135

1x10x185

5x5x225

Incline Bench

1x10x185

1x8x205

1xfailx225

Incline DB Fly

3x10 using strict form and squeeze at the top

Triceps

Pick two exercises and do 3 sets heavy of each. For strength, close-grip bench, dips, and dip machine are best.

2. As for not eating after a certain time=BULLSHIT.

Your body recovers when you sleep, that means repairs and builds muscle. 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a fibrous fruit like a pear or apple is perfect before bed.

3. If you aren't doing legs, you are missing out on gains for your whole body. Heavy squats stimulate GH and Test release and production in the body. If you hate legs,

get in there and do 5 sets of squats and leave. Get in, get out, but go heavy.

4. Meal plan, it is very important. 5 of my 6 meals are the same every single day. Only one that varies is dinner, I pretty much eat what I want, but with portion control.

That is also my first real meal after lifting(not counting my post workout shake). Eating like this is easy, too, since you can prepare meals for 3-4 days at a time.

I've said all this stuff before guys. Take it or leave it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I have to do that other stuff with the 5x5 because I tried tonight I couldn't find anyone to spot me and I couldn't finish...

Edit: I don't even know what happened tonight I am burnt out or something I felt pretty weak tonight. Maybe I didn't eat enough today... I just felt weak...

I'm not gonna quote everything, but I got some things to address.

1. If you are doing 5x5 every other day on bench, you either aren't going heavy enough, or you aren't doing any accessory work. Here is what a sample 5x5(@225) bench workout should look like:

Bench Press

1x10x135

1x10x185

5x5x225

Incline Bench

1x10x185

1x8x205

1xfailx225

Incline DB Fly

3x10 using strict form and squeeze at the top

Triceps

Pick two exercises and do 3 sets heavy of each. For strength, close-grip bench, dips, and dip machine are best.

2. As for not eating after a certain time=BULLSHIT.

Your body recovers when you sleep, that means repairs and builds muscle. 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a fibrous fruit like a pear or apple is perfect before bed.

3. If you aren't doing legs, you are missing out on gains for your whole body. Heavy squats stimulate GH and Test release and production in the body. If you hate legs,

get in there and do 5 sets of squats and leave. Get in, get out, but go heavy.

4. Meal plan, it is very important. 5 of my 6 meals are the same every single day. Only one that varies is dinner, I pretty much eat what I want, but with portion control.

That is also my first real meal after lifting(not counting my post workout shake). Eating like this is easy, too, since you can prepare meals for 3-4 days at a time.

I've said all this stuff before guys. Take it or leave it.

**not that I felt that was directed at me Ken but I did mention it because I tried to be general, I don't eat "FULL MEALS" after a certain time because of 2 things for me personally... 1 - my stomach goes fcking cray if I eat too late and 2 - I almost always fit in (oddly) cottage cheese/salad/night time shake .... Another reason why I don't like giving advice because like I said earlier, nothing works exactly the same for everybody....

If people don't listen to Ken, then they ignore good advice... The little bit that I got from him personally has helped but I've also changed goals since the last time I spoke with him(was previously trying to gain weight as I lost ALOT during my initial overhaul) .....

Thanks again Ken!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I have to do that other stuff with the 5x5 because I tried tonight I couldn't find anyone to spot me and I couldn't finish...

Edit: I don't even know what happened tonight I am burnt out or something I felt pretty weak tonight. Maybe I didn't eat enough today... I just felt weak...

IMO chest/benching twice a week should suffice for most people if done right.... You need to get on that lower body though.... squats and deads are the creme de la creme for working out.... They seriously allow "full body involvement" almost 100% of the time....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I need to get back on it. I felt soooo good when I was doing squats. Well the whole 5x5. Even though I was at the same weight I felt significantly lighter. The only thing that I didn't like was I was getting the muscle right above the knee really fast and it felt awkward, I mean 3 weeks in and that shit was poking through the fat, Was making me walk a little weird and fast and I couldn't get used to it. Since then I haven't done much, Haven't lifted in a month or so and I'm right about at that 270 pounds mark.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

IMO chest/benching twice a week should suffice for most people if done right.... You need to get on that lower body though.... squats and deads are the creme de la creme for working out.... They seriously allow "full body involvement" almost 100% of the time....

So bench on say Mondays and Friday? And do legs somewhere in between? I really need a set schedule on what I train because most days I do whatever I feel like I don't really focus on any certain muscle group. For example Monday I did all upper body workouts and then I have friends that split up muscle groups up each day if that makes since. Also when the whole running after lifting that doesn't eat your muscle does it because I notice my pump quickly shrinks away. On the other hand I notice when I do squats, lunges, calf raises, etc. if I run after I am not absolutely sore the next day.

Do you guys know any good cardio routines? I started going to the gym mornings to do cardio and go back in the afternoon to do strength training.

I'm lookin to lose as much body fat as I can and still keep some muscle

its not just cardio, its also having high intesity while your lifting. Less time between sets. Keep your heart rate up. Also try swimming. Mix it between above and underwater training. Its the best carido you can do. Full body workout with no impact. Your body will thank you later on.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Did squats, calf raises, and a whole bunch of other leg and shoulder workouts today and I feel good! Even got a good run in on the elliptical after!

Archived