Sundown Audio

Test Results for an AudioPipe 3k

BigPimpin91

Mine is the black model and it took 1Ω bridged non-stop at 10ish volts.....

0.5Ω Bridged is a completely different animal....

Protect car on or off doesn't matter.

I have not heard of many black heatsink AP's that will do 1 ohm bridged. Ever had any protect issues or had to send it in for repair?

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

I have not heard of many black heatsink AP's that will do 1 ohm bridged. Ever had any protect issues or had to send it in for repair?

I've blown mine up twice.

One was entirely my fault.

I blew a sub and decided to finish it off but when it did it took the amp with it.

Another time I had a bad coil tinsels. They opened up on me and took the amp with it. Was at low volume which is weird.

Thankfully I bought it from a dealer who offers me a no questions warranty so it only cost me shipping for repair.

This latest one is holding up like a tank, 1Ω on low voltage, daily low note pounding with no problems.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=26392

another test done with the ap30001d amp.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

well im gona be running two of these amps on two orion HCCA 15.2 in an 03 tahoe. Watch for the build thread with in the next month or two. Im sure as i go through the install I will have some questions for you Newls since you have a tahoe too. thanks for the help so far

no problem, hit me up whenever.......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Ty Slim for posting that, its now in my sig so people can stop bashing the AP3k :P

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 1 year later...
hella rise. ups will be dropping mine off monday ftw

Yeah tell me about it.

If Jacob will bring that trade in program back.

A 3000D @ .5Ω will help with some of that rise. :hairtrick:

Oh, and BTW, AudioPipe 3k's WILL NOT run @ .5Ω bridged, almost instant protect as soon as you turn it up.

good to know you saved me some trouble im looking for a cheap amp that will do.5 daily....i know good luck.. :rofl:

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

hella rise. ups will be dropping mine off monday ftw

Yeah tell me about it.

If Jacob will bring that trade in program back.

A 3000D @ .5Ω will help with some of that rise. :hairtrick:

Oh, and BTW, AudioPipe 3k's WILL NOT run @ .5Ω bridged, almost instant protect as soon as you turn it up.

good to know you saved me some trouble im looking for a cheap amp that will do.5 daily....i know good luck.. :rofl:

I would like to personally thank you for using the search button and not creating another useless thread and whining in it when you don't get an answer within twenty minutes. :)

3000watts at 120% distortion... FTW!!! Haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Just read through the thread...Not quite sure how wiring amps works yet, but would this amp put out good power (not too much) for a DC Level 4 15"? And would I need to bridge (this doubles wattage output, correct?) if I decided to add another Level 4 15" in the future? And should I wire to 1Ohm or 2Ohms?

A few questions, but I'm new to amplifiers. Thanks for any help with this, I was considering this amp from what I've heard about it being decent for the price.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

You can't bridge a monoblock amp, and no that amp isn't stable at 1ohm. 2 ohms is where it makes it's power, dirty, but power non the less

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived