Mechman Alternators

ugh... What you gonna do about this??

We got your unit in today, looked about as I had expected.

If your batteries were fully charged, and you truly had the voltage set at 14.5 volts, set at 2000 rpm under light load, (not at idle with no load) I would say there could be something wrong with the regulator. Whatever caused it, the unit was obviously running at 100% output for well over an hour to discolor the internals as badly as they are.

I didn't realize you were running it externaly regulated untill I spoke to you on the phone. You have to be VERY carefull about how you set your regualtor, otherwise you will experience what you saw in the video. Also, anyone with a multiple battery setup should be placing their battery bank on a high quality computer controlled battery charger overnight periodically. This is just a common sense, easy way to make life easier on both the batteries and the alternator. (and increase your overall voltage at the same time) We have some used 1005 XS power chargers on special right now if you don't already have a good charger.

If you have any questions about how to set the regulator, feel free to give us a call. I would really hate to see another unit burn up like the one we got in today.

We got your unit in today, looked about as I had expected.

If your batteries were fully charged, and you truly had the voltage set at 14.5 volts, set at 2000 rpm under light load, (not at idle with no load) I would say there could be something wrong with the regulator. Whatever caused it, the unit was obviously running at 100% output for well over an hour to discolor the internals as badly as they are.

I didn't realize you were running it externaly regulated untill I spoke to you on the phone. You have to be VERY carefull about how you set your regualtor, otherwise you will experience what you saw in the video. Also, anyone with a multiple battery setup should be placing their battery bank on a high quality computer controlled battery charger overnight periodically. This is just a common sense, easy way to make life easier on both the batteries and the alternator. (and increase your overall voltage at the same time) We have some used 1005 XS power chargers on special right now if you don't already have a good charger.

If you have any questions about how to set the regulator, feel free to give us a call. I would really hate to see another unit burn up like the one we got in today.

Well I feel even better now about my impending purchase because it sounds to me like this issue is due to external regulator. I don't think I have a need for one of those so hopefully this problem is isolated to those externally regulated units. Were noobtastics' alts also externally regulated?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I tried giving you a call today matt, but I was a hour late, so Ill try back monday.

Interested in seeing what It would cost to buy that fried alt back in working condition, and a bracket for 3 alts on my truck. Got some ideas rolling in my head for a dual charging setup, looking at making the leap to 16volt batts. :)

I tried giving you a call today matt, but I was a hour late, so Ill try back monday.

Interested in seeing what It would cost to buy that fried alt back in working condition, and a bracket for 3 alts on my truck. Got some ideas rolling in my head for a dual charging setup, looking at making the leap to 16volt batts. :)

JOO aint ready :D

looks like 2 thumps up to me.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module