Sonic Electronix

just have zero understanding of the whole super-sound system idea ??? I mean like girlfriends, wives, co-workers, people on non-stereo related Internet forums, etc.

I've come up with an analogy that works pretty good with some people......

I have had a few people lately ask, "But why in the world would somebody build such a rediculously over powered stereo ???

To which I instantly reply (and I do mean instantly ! .....like I can see the question coming, and I'm already taking a deep breath, and gearing up ;-) LOL

>>> Well first, let me answer that question with a question.....

"Why in the world would somebody put an 8000 horse power motor in a car, and use it to travel over 300 miles per hour in 1/4 of a mile" ?

Answer; Because it's crazy, and it's extreme, which makes it a ton of fun, and "because they can" ! :)

Then, if they ask about possible hearing damage, I tell them > "Yes ! Crashing a car traveling at over 300 mph can certainly damage your hearing" ! :rolleyes:

Man, in all seriousness, I've said this for a long time > I don't give a shit WHAT your into, but whatever it is, do it BIG !

I'll never understand how some people can just go all the way through life, and never do any 1 thing to the fullest ? I just don't ever want to be laying their with time short, and "wishing" I'd have fished more... or built a badder stereo system.... or took more / better photos....

IMPO, being passionate about something.... heck, about ANYTHING, is what makes life worth living !

Anyway, that's my philisophical rant for the evening :)

Peace,

Fish

I have gotten to the point where I don't even try to explain I just tell them to sit in my car and listen haha.

its pretty frustrating to me like I spend all this time and people ask why its like an automatic defeat of all the time I spent.

I'm just going to start answering with "because I can, thats why" with a hella serious face

haha so I am guessing you are trying to put into words what Steve's system is like to co-workers, the wife and others?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Why would you spend 800$ on a purse you silly ass, is usually my response(if its a female)

Cuzz your girlfriend likes it, if its a dude..

lol

I guess i should add, that i say those things because i wont give those people the time of day after they offend me with thier ignorance and prejudice about "those booming cars"

Edited by Gotz1lung

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Why would you spend 800$ on a purse you silly ass, is usually my response(if its a female)

Cuzz your girlfriend likes it, if its a dude..

lol

I guess i should add, that i say those things because i wont give those people the time of day after they offend me with thier ignorance and prejudice about "those booming cars"

These 2 were great, I think I'm gonna have to start using them.

LOL

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

man i couldnt agree with you anymore!I have a competitive nature like no other,i strive to be the best,i cant just blend in,hell everybody does that...i tried it...just cant do it..everybody around town had 22s,2 guys had 24s...what did i do?went and got 26s lol...other people had 2 12s in the trunk..i went and got 4 15s and 25,000 watts and all kinds of fiberglass shit done..even when racing dirtbikes when i was younger,id practice my ass off to get that first place trophy!Now im getting my pilots license...i do everything as professional as i can and the best i can,my instructor told me i was the best student hes ever had,that he just feels like hes riding with me when he flys with me instead of instructing because he teaches me once and i know it...but anyways..definatly strive to do the best..i mean hell look at my yard.....believe it or not me keeping my yard damn near perfect has got all the people on my street starting to spend more time in there yard FINALLY.Good point chris and damn good guy man!

its funny you mention that because just today i was pulling into Starbucks and some guy in his mid 50's gives me a dirty look and says "are you deaf!" my response "WHAT!!! i cant hear you" he kinda laughed and walked away...

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

When people ask me why, I only respond with why not.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz