Second Skin Audio

Which subwoofer should i choose

I have 3 Kicker L7 12's right now and i really like them but im looking for bigger. I dnt know which i should chose kicker solo X 18 or Fi BTL 18. The Fi is cheaper but im still not sure hopefully someone can tell me which i want. i was wanting to get 2 but the kicker is like $750 so i dno if my bank can buy 2 and power it right. so let me know what u think thanks much.....

Edited by TyC2010

I have 3 Kicker L7 12's right now and i really like them but im looking for bigger. I dnt know which i should chose kicker solo X 18 or Fi BTL 18. The Fi is cheaper but im still not sure hopefully someone can tell me which i want. i was wanting to get 2 but the kicker is like $750 so i dno if my bank can buy 2 and power it right. so let me know what u think thanks much.....

The btl will own a solo x all day long!

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

You really don't want us to tell you which one to buy because it may not be the right one, now I would personally go with the Fi BTL, it's nothing against Kicker (I actually run SoloBarics in my Camry right now) but the Fi seems to be a better subwoofer from what I've seen and heard, I would listen to them both, look at the pros and cons and then make that decision based on you and not us.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

there was a guy on here who ran 12 18'' solo x's in a van n it was loud to hear but didn't do much on numbers tho, like 158+ on music, i kno thats loud as shit but 12 18's should be damn nere 160 or better, but i kno its hard as hell to sqeeze dbs out of a damn car, i might be 140 in my truck lol, i want to have a 150 on music sometime later down the road

but the solo x is a stiff ass speaker, we got a radio shack here that sold car audio n they had one, i think $1,200 for the sub and a 5000w earthquake amp in a box n it was so damn big it looked fake

but ive never heard a btl in person but from what i seen n heard in vids it seems to handle power n sound good doin so, but cant u run 4 bl or q 12's vs 2 btl 15's?

and does no one run re subs anymore? i want a set of the new re sx 15's

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

both will hammer, if you want to go 2 18"s and the X is too much money then the btl is the one for you. you could also look into DC, Sundown and AA, they all make great 18" subs.

'00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dB
Team DC Team XS Power

Team ISB

Steve's Body Shop
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

i do :)

and i would go with the Fi. They are both great companies but i had kickers before my RE and im glad i made the switch. and i have heard btl's before and IMO the btl's dominate every song you throw at them. i wont go back to kickers anymore (not that i have anything against them) but there are a lot of good companies out there like mhart said ^ that make great subs.

Team Bass-Hz

there was a guy on here who ran 12 18'' solo x's in a van n it was loud to hear but didn't do much on numbers tho, like 158+ on music, i kno thats loud as shit but 12 18's should be damn nere 160 or better, but i kno its hard as hell to sqeeze dbs out of a damn car, i might be 140 in my truck lol, i want to have a 150 on music sometime later down the road

but the solo x is a stiff ass speaker, we got a radio shack here that sold car audio n they had one, i think $1,200 for the sub and a 5000w earthquake amp in a box n it was so damn big it looked fake

but ive never heard a btl in person but from what i seen n heard in vids it seems to handle power n sound good doin so, but cant u run 4 bl or q 12's vs 2 btl 15's?

I'm running a zx2500.1 kicker amp, I have the 3 kicker l7 12's hooked up and I have 2 l7. 15's but I want to sell all 5 or the 3 12's and get another 15 or sell all and get 18's haha I dno yet

I'm running a zx2500.1 kicker amp, I have the 3 kicker l7 12's hooked up and I have 2 l7. 15's but I want to sell all 5 or the 3 12's and get another 15 or sell all and get 18's haha I dno yet