Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as RD gets my 2 D5's to me It will be up and running. Seems like I have been waiting forever. Its possible that I might see them in a week or 2. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have music in there playing now so at least I can listen to music while Im driving.

If things go right I might even be able to order one of my alternators soon.

I wish I had a more exciting update, believe me.

looks great!! I bet this thing is going to slam!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

very nice keep pics coming

arent trying to get your post count up to sell are ya?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 months later...

updates??

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Its running but its not permanent.

I have the DC Power triple kit installed but only 2 DC alts on the setup. Waiting until I get the 3rd installed before I post about them. BTW its not DC Powers fault I only have 2. I didnt have the funds for all 3. I have the 3rd one ordered now and am waiting for it to be built and shipped. With just the 2 alts and the sock in place I can jam out all I want and never dip below 14.5 at idle.

I got my AQ recone a while back. Thats all finished and installed in the truck now.

My RD D5's are being built finally. Was told by Joel at RD that I would have them before the end of June. Keeping my fingers crossed.

A generous forum member here lent me an amp so I could start competing. Its big and its brutal and its a lot of fun to play with. One amp and 6000-7000watts of power. WIth one fresh recone and one used sub I put up a 149.2 at the head rest @ 36hz legal. This was at the Pulse Car Audio MECA comp last weekend. Did a 118.5 on the drive by with peaks in the low 120's. Bad song selection, to many high notes and drops.

Re ran all my power cabling for the new alts. There is now a run of 2/0 and 3/0 from each 270xp to the rear battery bank and 3 3/0 grounds from the bank to the frame. I also fabed up some alum buss bars to keep all my connections in order. No way to hook up all the new wiring to the accessible battery terminals.

Swapped out my 5.25 Polk SR mids for a pair of Momo carbon mids. Sound much better to me, a lot more mid bass response.

Took out the old 9856 and replaced it with an Alpine 9887. Still figuring out how to use all the adjustments but so far Im pleased as can be with the unit. Night and day difference between the new unit and the old one.

I wasnt planning on posting up picts and coments untill I had the permanent system in place.

Archived