Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub model question? Which to go with?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright, next year I'll probably get around to getting a different setup, but here are the subs I'm looking at. No matter which model I choose, it'll be going into a 4-5 cube box (can't fit anything bigger in my car without either walling it in or ripping out the back seat), ported to 32-35 depending on what I want/like. :D

1 x RE SXX 18"

1 x DC Level 4 18"

1 x Fi Q 18"

All of those require roughly 1000 watts. MY current amp is probably pushing around the 1000-1100 watt barrier...if that. Should I keep my current amp or bump up to a RF T10001bd/T1000-1bd. Might go with the older T10001bd because I like the looks of it better. Lol. Opinions?

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Posted

I was told today from a reliable source that Fi and Re subs are pretty much the same. From my understanding the two owners started Fi and one of them went off to start making his own subs. Just givin you a heads up!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Posted

^^^^ not quite how it happened.

and if it were my choice i'd pick up a DC level 4 18 :friends:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted
I was told today from a reliable source that Fi and Re subs are pretty much the same. From my understanding the two owners started Fi and one of them went off to start making his own subs. Just givin you a heads up!

RE has been around longer than FI IIRC

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Posted

1krms is fine for any of those subs i wouldnt waste the money on another amp

id pic the Q of those 3 choices

Posted

I'm honestly leaning towards the Q...UNLESS I can manage to get my hands on two RE SE 12's to shove in the box I have. But of course, with that, along comes a new amp and all the other assorted goodies. So the Fi Q with the kenwood amp I have is a good combo. What about the box size? Adequate for what I'm looking to get?

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13017 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...