Imaging For Highs

sean 371

I'm putting my tweeters at the base of the a pillar. What im wondering is how I should aim them. At each other? Opposite passenger? Same-side passenger? Reflected off windshield to increase wavelength? How should I do em?

I'm leaning towards just aiming them at the opposite passenger.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I'm putting my tweeters at the base of the a pillar. What im wondering is how I should aim them. At each other? Opposite passenger? Same-side passenger? Reflected off windshield to increase wavelength? How should I do em?

I'm leaning towards just aiming them at the opposite passenger.

Honestly dude I don't know anything about imaging or what not but my old camry had the tweets on the dash aimed up at the windshield and they howled like no other.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

i tried both ways in my car, i think i liked it aimed at the passenger the best.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

In my dads old truck they sounded best facing the windshield.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

lol, "howling" tweets is not what im after.

yea, I think im just gonna have to try both out and see what i like best. i may end up too lazy and throw them in the stock location though (in the door panel)

i already was forced to scrap the door pod project and wanted to have some sort of custom glasswork in my car though. we'll see.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Best bet is to aim them at the listener ears. But at the same make sure they're equally level with each other. Not too high or too low but like the mid sweet spot of the pillars.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

• 3 weeks later...

i have always setup my tweeter imaging by taking a string attacth it to the tweeter and aim the other end of the string to where the listeners ear will be and there you go i have also liked tweets aimed at the winsheild from the dash but everyone likes a different sound best way do it is to test and find what you like the best

When me and one of my teammates who competed SQ for almost ten years did set ups for SQ comp/listening, we would never let the mids and tweet get more than 6" (at the most) from the woofer/midbass driver. the best spot IMO is actually down low in the kicks aimed at the drivers "nose". that area has the most even amount of travel for both the driver and passenger speaker to travel to the driver where it matters the most. not to many events (none that I have seen) judge from the driver and passenger seats. When seperating the tweets from the drivers you get a seperation of sound and it makes pinpointing the "sound" in the soundstage difficult. If you have the usaci competition disc it is really helpful in setting up your soundstage, but it take HOURS of listining and moving speakers sometimes just a hair to get great sound quality.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived