Probably a stupid question, but would it be better to do 1/0 gauge 2 runs pos vs 1 run of pos & neg?

Currently have 200A mechman & D3400 up front, 3x D975's in the back. Just ordered some more 1/0 to do an additional run but don't know if voltage drop / charging would be better with a particular setup.

I know ideally, you should have equal runs of both, but if I could only add one more run what would be the best setup?

Thanks

it wont hurt. but you're also only as strong as your weakest link, so it may not help either.

Ture, very true. Now if I do add the 1/0 neg run, should it be from the alternator mounting bolt, or from the front battery neg terminal?

BTW big three also done already

you dont need a full run of 0 guage ground to the back. your just wasting wire and money

This is what I initially thought and was therefore gonna do the extra run of positive and just beef up the rear grounds at several different points.

But I have always heard its ideal to do equal runs of both. I don't want to waste $80-$100 on adding something that's not worth the improvement.

Anyone else want to chime in??

Ture, very true. Now if I do add the 1/0 neg run, should it be from the alternator mounting bolt, or from the front battery neg terminal?

BTW big three also done already

If I recall Correctly the alternator bolt is on the best grounds on the car, but either one will work. I have always been told to keep the runs even, so 1 + 1- or 2+ 2-.

If I recall Correctly the alternator bolt is on the best grounds on the car, but either one will work. I have always been told to keep the runs even, so 1 + 1- or 2+ 2-.

i really dont understand why people even run a neg run from the hood to the back. aren't grounds supose to be as short as possible? why not do 2 short grounds from rear batts to the frame, and 2 runs from the front battery??? seems like a waste in money to do neg. runs from the front.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

i really dont understand why people even run a neg run from the hood to the back. aren't grounds supose to be as short as possible? why not do 2 short grounds from rear batts to the frame, and 2 runs from the front battery??? seems like a waste in money to do neg. runs from the front.

go through and factor in the resistance from the ground in back to the ground up front...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

If your car is one continous chasis then you don't need to run a ground at all from the front to the back. The reason for competitors doing this is because their car's either are a split chasis or have a break in the body so they run a ground from the front to the back to keep the same ground for everything. If your car doesn't fall in this category then your okay to not use one of the runs for a negative and are better off to use it for a positive.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz