Ohm Loads.

Ok, so I put the new system up to an ohm meter. 4 12's, 2 amps, 2 subs to 1 amp. both pair wired in parallel, showed .8 ohms, everything all fine and dandy. Turn them on and play them at volume os 2 and put an ohm meter to them, one pair showing 1.5ohm, the other showing 3 ohm...!!!??? What is going on? I double checked the wiring, identical. The I pull the box out and put the wires to the ohm meter, they are showing .8 on both pairs. I do however have the RCA's daisey chained together and was wondering if that could be the reason why one amp is seeing 3, the other is seeing 1.5 ohm loads?

you cant check the ohm when the amp is on and the music is playin. you wont get the right reading

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Using a few different dmm's. I just didn't know if the RCA's being daisey chained would affect that radout. I just wanted to know why I was getting 2 different readings, one being at `1.5, the other at 3....

Im pretty sure your subs wont read correct while the amp is connected to your subs. Disconnect the subs from your amp(s) and check the readout

The RCA's would have nothing to do with that. It's gotta be your wiring. Or maybe someone shipped you the wrong subs? Always a possibility...

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived