Second Skin Audio

Why not Orion

Re-read the post. Its just a question out of curiosity. I never said anyone was bashin Orion, I just like to hear different opinions from other people, thats all.

right, but you make it sound as if people treat you differently because of what you have

is there something wrong with my HCCA 12 that I don't know about?

its a great sub, and we all agree with that. there is nothing wrong with them at all.

and since you brought it to my attention, i never said that YOU bashed the brand. i simply said that nobody has ever said a bad word about them here so i dont understand what you're so worried about.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

its pretty much like this for me, i dont run them because for the price of an orion amp i can get a far better made amp, as for subs they are nice subs but again for the price of a new authorized sub i can get alot better for the money.

orions price to performance ratio went down the tiolet imo after the chrome 2500d's

its pretty much like this for me, i dont run them because for the price of an orion amp i can get a far better made amp, as for subs they are nice subs but again for the price of a new authorized sub i can get alot better for the money.

orions price to performance ratio went down the tiolet imo after the chrome 2500d's

Thanks man, simple feedback. Agreed on the amps, too.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ive got a couple Orion amps. 4 2500ds and an 8004. Alot of people used to run them before FI hit the market. The rage woofers were the H2, RE MT and XXX and of course the DD 9515s. Everyone runs the DC and FIs now because you get an awesome woofer at a good price. Why pay more for the same performance. And I'm sure steve running the Fi's doesnt hurt at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ive always loved orions.... they hit and hit hard as hell... there cost is why they are not as popular as the others on here.. but they are amazing subs that will take a shit load of power... i miss the old school orion stuff though... esp there amps... would give anything for a couple old beast amps i regret to this day selling mine

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Ive got a couple Orion amps. 4 2500ds and an 8004. Alot of people used to run them before FI hit the market. The rage woofers were the H2, RE MT and XXX and of course the DD 9515s. Everyone runs the DC and FIs now because you get an awesome woofer at a good price. Why pay more for the same performance. And I'm sure steve running the Fi's doesnt hurt at all.

i give 2 shits what he or anyone else runs in thier setup. with looking around you can get dd's at the same price or even less then a DC or FI sub.

I run what i run now because im just sick of internet companies period

if its not warranty, its diff prices for every person, or a hundred otyher things i dont have to deal with getting something from a dealer based brand

ive always loved orions.... they hit and hit hard as hell... there cost is why they are not as popular as the others on here.. but they are amazing subs that will take a shit load of power... i miss the old school orion stuff though... esp there amps... would give anything for a couple old beast amps i regret to this day selling mine

X2 The 2150SX's were beasts! I wish I still had them because they would be in the trunk right now. The Class-D amps were revolutionary, for sure, but that old AB power was great. My last Orions were 2 little 225 HCCAs that ran red hot on .5 Ohms daily for about 2 years. I miss those too.

Regardless of what people say, we HAD flex back in the day. Those 600 watt RMS Orion amps sounded as loud as some 2000 watt class-D slugs do today. Go figure. My 2150sx's kept tearing the cone off of 2 Crunch Pro Cast 18s, but sounded ungodly in the process. That system would literally shake the ground next to it!

On topic, those HCCA subwoofers are just a continuation of the impeccable reputation Orion has maintained for years. Nobody ought to be ashamed to run those woofers. Believe me, all the FI and DC guys respect those HCCA subs even if they are not running them.

The HCCAs are tremendous subs and, if you put them in the right box, nobody will be able to argue with the results. :hairtrick:

honestly what happened with Orion is the same thing with Crunch, HiFonics or Autotek. When these smaller companies, who are known for products that aren't quite as good as say an RF, DC or Sundown, they fall under that umbrella and so people began to associate that product with what the company is known for. Now I can honestly say that Orion at one time put out some really quality products and then they fell off, but they are coming back with more impressive products. I used to run Orion amps and subs back in the early 90's. The same can be said for Lanzar (I used to own a 50C and a 6200). I/m sure there are some really nice Orion equipped vehicles, I even visited their website and looked at the HCCA subs, they are coming back.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

The Orion HCCA's do one of my favorite Hair Tricks, this Set up consists of 15Krms, and 6 15 inch Orion HCCA's it does a 157 at 27Hz and does a 153.3 at 20Hz, I would say thats is damn impressive.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.