Sonic Electronix

Steve Meade's Mac for his Tahoe

All im saying is iv'e had 3 Very expensive very fast Pc's and all three took a shit within the first 6 months of use i had an Alienware an XPS and a Voodoo pc and nothing but problems they booted real fast for a while then they start to bog down and registry gets all fucked up = pain in the ass ive had my mac pro 17" since the new model came out and it is fuckin badass considering im running in x64 snow leopard with 6g of ram. it only takes my system 25sec to boot up to home screen can you say that about any pc i couldnt and i had 3 super powerful pc's? my dad also has an XPS and hes had to replace 2 motherboards on it. so when i say pc is a pain in the ass i consider myself to have had enough experience with both types to know wether it really is not to mention ask yourself why Mac stock is at 196$/ share and Microsoft's stock is tanking out at a measly 28$ Because Microsoft is loosing its customers to apple. And this is why i say for steve to definitely stick with apple.

2004 Cadi Escalade EXT on 24's

2 DC power 270 XP Alts

3 X DD 3515 dual 1.5ohm coils tuned to 35hz

All Morel Elate Hifi mids and highs

1 Arc Audio SE 4000 - 4350 watt class G/H Mono

1 Arc Audio SE 4200 - 1000 watt class A 4 channel

2 XS 2400

3 bat cap 800

Kenwood DNX 8400 Double Din Screen

Audio Control DQXS audio processing

151.4 on audiocontrol @ 40hz

150.3 on termlab @ 40hz

All im saying is iv'e had 3 Very expensive very fast Pc's and all three took a shit within the first 6 months of use i had an Alienware an XPS and a Voodoo pc and nothing but problems they booted real fast for a while then they start to bog down and registry gets all fucked up = pain in the ass ive had my mac pro 17" since the new model came out and it is fuckin badass considering im running in x64 snow leopard with 6g of ram. it only takes my system 25sec to boot up to home screen can you say that about any pc i couldnt and i had 3 super powerful pc's? my dad also has an XPS and hes had to replace 2 motherboards on it. so when i say pc is a pain in the ass i consider myself to have had enough experience with both types to know wether it really is not to mention ask yourself why Mac stock is at 196$/ share and Microsoft's stock is tanking out at a measly 28$ Because Microsoft is loosing its customers to apple. And this is why i say for steve to definitely stick with apple.

I guess not powerful enough. sure, ive seen way faster boot ups before with a PC, called 2x western digital 10,000 rpms and a RAID card that has a raid of 0, ive seen half a loading bar with that setup on pc..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

why cant you guys just accept the fact that some people prefer mac, and some people prefer pc?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Steve,

You have to keep the Mac it takes some getting used to but they are truly badass machines - you can run windows and mac on the same computer where as on a pc you can only run windows which sucks i've been waiting for you to do this for a while now there is software that will allow you to run windows in an open widow in the mac operating system it is called Parallels 3.0 for Mac not to mention Mac has the most reliable computers on the market and kick ass customer service.

From,

Blackalak

Yea, but Mac makes it simple and they still have the best reliability and best customer support, by any electronics rating company, and there is nothing like having your car PC fuck up on you when you hit a bump because they are slapped together, and the point is not to boot windows it is to be able to have two operating systems running at once, one opened in a window of the another. this allows you to surf the net with super safe virus proof Mac use the sound tuning programs of a PC while on the fly. no rebooting nessasary.

Holy run-on sentences, Batman.

well as long as we're on the subject of carputer operating systems, http://www.linuxmce.org/

i'm diehard linux. and no other OS is as easy to use as linux damnit! almost any program i've ever needed i could find in synaptic (which is basically a program that allows you to search for other programs....search, check a box, hit ok, bam. downloaded, installed, and working. wanna remove it? uncheck the box. ) if there isnt, someone posted command line of how to make it work. a few seconds of copy and paste and im done. its honestly easier than clicking through folders and files and crap.

but for real, consider linuxmce for carputers. you can get a 250$ netbook to run without lag and boot in 10 seconds. If you're building a carputer, why pay more for a windows or apple logo? and security is a damn near non issue. the biggest issue is somehow passing a windows virus on to your friends....linux virus's usually end up being more of a "proof of concept" and are reallyreallyreally hard to make work, like you actively have to download and install and compile them. the bigger danger is someone tricking you into a "-rm -rf"

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Meh. My 64bit windows xp pro on a P4 with 1 gb of ram boots in 25 seconds.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

thats what we in the IT field like to call an input error. my laptop for work running xp and pgp on it boots in 25 seconds.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

so you just got rid of the computer? damn i wish i had ur kinda money

see a normal pc user would have fixed those problems and stopeed going to virus ridden sites

hell if it was really bad just reformat

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz