Jump to content

mobile dynamics school


Recommended Posts

Posted

those guys above me couldnt have said it better. And people wonder why even I DONT have or work at a shop LOL! No thanks! I would rather exploit my HOBBY -

If your going to take ANY class, look into something like what Mobile Solutions offers (banner up top). I think his are geared more towards fabrication, fiberglass, proper tools and how to use them etc. If your already good, i can see the MECP being helpful to better yourself but as a basis for being hired just because you passed a written quiz, i dont think its worth much. Hell im not even sure i could pass it LOL!!

True installers who have a great amount of experience and talent along with mastering the MECP are probably REALLY hard to come by. I have fun doing what i do and James is a good friend (north olmstead ^^^) but to be 100% honest, i probably coudnt get a job at his shop cleaning the bathroom after hours. There is so much to it but that is X100 if you have high dollar rides and picky, pissed off customers.


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Posted

side note: to all you REAL installers, i have the utmost respect for what you do - the amount of different cars you have to MASTER in a short period of time is mind boggling. I will stick to building boxes for my buddies and pass on working on someones BMW or Jag.....or new Toyota for that matter.


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Posted
True installers who have a great amount of experience and talent along with mastering the MECP are probably REALLY hard to come by.

Thats me, hehe.

to OP.

I went to Mobile Dynamics back in 98. I loved it.

I then worked as an installer for 10 years.

To tell the truth, I did learn more just by working as an installer.

But Mobile Dynamics did give me good lessons on fiberglassing that helped me get my skills to the next level.

I never needed MECP, I think it was just a goal of mine to prove to myself that I could.

And I never really needed school, it was just a fun way to try and pick up some new tricks of the trade.

But I picked up more tricks by just working at a shop.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl



TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png


5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Posted

Meade... I don't know what to say... besides we will have some fun test riding some new vehicles... :)

You'd fit in fine here...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Posted
cool, if it is a real college vs the community they will focus you towards the fortune 500, vs the fortunate to have $500 :)

well i either planned on goign to the university of texas or phoenix but i have decided yet

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

Posted
Being Realistic...

you spend the money on the school, what is the return? do you honestly believe that out in the real world you are going to be paid enough to see the benefit? Personally, I recommend this as a hobby and tell everyone to go out and try another field that actually has standards... or another way of looking at it is, after 20 years with a single company what is your retirement benefits? 20 years... and one company... not likely going to happen.

Then there are those of us who think as installers we can go open up a shop.... you might have the talent to work on the vehicle... but running a business is different... someone who goes to business school :) will have a hard time... and the capital to do it right.... millions....

Also there was this moron named sayar who went to a school in FL, they passed him though... i heard he about failed everything... he comes to my shop and almost blows us the hell up welding through is gas lines!

I suggest this as a hobby... Don't waste your life turning a wrench, building a box,, or replacing a speaker for this industry

what goals is there to achieve in this industry? none

with Best buy you can work your way up the chain...

with banks...same thing

military same thing

car audio... forget it!

I hope everyone understands what I am trying to say... and no I am not saying my life sucks... but I went through a lot of shit to get where I am today!

Are you talking about Sayar Kuchenski or whatever the hell his last name is??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted
Are you talking about Sayar Kuchenski or whatever the hell his last name is??

yea...thats him..what a tool

very interesting thread...

when u make a hobbie a job, it can turn into just a job...dually noted!

thanks for everyones input!!

i likes me some audio stuff...

Posted

Yep... I was trying to give him a shot and help him out... but he is walking chaos... almost blew the whole shop up, broke the table saw, broke the jig saw, broke a trim panel on a new $110k vehicle within the first hour of being there... and a very long list that is over shadowed by the welding through the fuel lines

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8263 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...