Sonic Electronix

Alpine Good or Bad  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Alpine a good car audio brand?

• Yes
    • No

Ok im tired of my friends ragging on my Alpine car audio system what i have is in my signature and i want to know what you guys think. So please hit the poll. Please and Thank You

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ok im tired of my friends ragging on my Alpine car audio system what i have is in my signature and i want to know what you guys think. So please hit the poll. Please and Thank You

Im not the most experienced person but I feel like they are a solid brand. Quality stuff but most doesnt match up to the bigger names. Its some of the best stuff you can get from best buy and places like that. They do make the low end real cheap stuff. For subs the type rs and Xs are pretty good subs. and some of their amps are decent. Overall there a pretty decent company i wouldnt call them great but i wouldnt call them bad either.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Im not the most experienced person but I feel like they are a solid brand. Quality stuff but most doesnt match up to the bigger names. Its some of the best stuff you can get from best buy and places like that. They do make the low end real cheap stuff. For subs the type rs and Xs are pretty good subs. and some of their amps are decent. Overall there a pretty decent company i wouldnt call them great but i wouldnt call them bad either.

They do make some nice head units though. obviously they have the cheaper ones but they do make some really nice ones for a bit more change.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Head units are great -especially the older models. They make good subs, amplifiers, and speakers (I've owned quite a few over the years) but I wouldn't buy any of there other equipment anymore. Just my personal preference.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

I like alpine - I've had some good luck with their head units - the 9885 and 9886... some of the older head units as well. The old v12 stuff was allright in my book too. I've ran the type r comps and they hung for a while even though they were far beyond their power handling.

All in all a good brand, some solid gear.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

im not a fan of the newer, or lower end stuff

the old h/u's were amazing for their time, but the new ones get overshadowed by pioneer and kenwood, same goes for most of their speakers.

old type x 3-ways were bomb though.

in general, i wouldnt run them, they went the way of Bose, lower quality, less innovation, higher prices, and got themselves more "mainstream"

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

The product all depends on what you expect out of a system.

Alpine isn't an SPL based company so of course you can't expect it to be. But in the proper instal, you can expect some of their stuff to be clean and get loud.

Also with all companies with a large line card, some lines are better then others.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)